Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Egypt Play

My class performed the play "Isis and Osiris" yesterday. I thought it was nice. The students had fun. They clearly enjoyed performing this. Not a single student needed helpswith lines. Teensy glitches included some giggles from behind the stage at a no-giggles kinda moment & a light being switched off when it should have been on, but I think they all did a splendid job. The stage was "simple," but notice the great coffin!

Afterwards I realized that I seem to have an affinity for plays that involve the death of the quintessential god of light. Our play last year was "Baldur's Death." I think I better shoot for some comedy for next year!

Noah was Horus. We didn't use "Egyptian costumes," but I had each student put the hieroglyphs for their character on a t-shirt with fabric paint. The "good guys" had white shirts, the "bad guys" had black shirts, and the fire spirits wore reds, oranges & yellows. I am not going to post other pictures. I know I occasionally post student work other than Noah's or Nathan's, but generally I want to honor people's right to privacy and not put pictures on a blog without consent. I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me or my children either.

No comments: