I needed to get away for a bit this morning. Away from work and the seemingly never-ending household chores that need to be done on the weekends. Away from the constant reminder of how broke we are. Away from the heartache this weekend has brought. So, I decided to take a walk through the neighborhood.

The pretty autumn colors are everywhere. The trees look so amazing in yellows, red & browns. The sun was shining, but there was a pleasant breeze.
The yellows and greens on this tree in the park across the street were so gorgeous. Couldn't quite capture it on camera. Then I remembered I was standing in a field that brought memories of laying together in the grass under the spring sun & as the tears started flowing down my cheeks, I decided to journey on.
Two squirrels were playing tag up & down the tree. So funny. Hard to snap a picture of a squirrel in motion, though.
Lovely red roses still in bloom.
I have always loved stained glass art. I remember being captivated as a child with the gorgeous stained glass art of the old European churches & cathedrals. Just so pretty. How beautiful the light falling through such a window must be inside the home. Just around the corner from us is a house with beautiful stained glass art. As I drove by one evening, I noticed the workshop in the basement. So much colorful glass. I have been wondering if I should knock and ask if I could learn.
My fascination with the white picket fence continues. My own version that is, which has nothing to do with middle-class life in suburbia. My head tells me it's a stupid ideal from a fairy tale world. My heart tells me, it must be possible.
Funny enough the house with the white picket fence is right across the street from a haunted house. Coincidence?
How idyllic - overgrown with ivy, the symbol of determination, strength & renewal to the Druids of olden times. I mean, it's virtually indestructible and grows just about anywhere. - A nudge to carry on, maybe.
Or maybe not?
Back at home. Our marigolds are still blooming. It's a lovely day out. Now back to reality. To work. To chores. To dealing with the now. To figuring out how to go on from here. Where to go. What to do. How to make the half-empty glass half-full again. What bread to bake. What undies to wear...
3 comments:
so jealous of your weather and color that surrounds you! booooo hoooooo!
Beautiful pictures and a walk can be so head clearing, I hope it helped you. And as for quilt/knit swapping - I'd be more than happy to! Got anything in mind?
ahhh...my brother in law says that to find beauty in the struggle is our task. Looks like you just did.
Love to you....
Post a Comment