Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

1 A.M. Insomnia

When Brent left in April 2009, he wrote me a 3-page letter, which he left under my pillow. He told me about it at the airport. The idea was for me to find something when I got back home.

When Brent left in January 2010, he left me his favorite shirt under my pillow. I had already had it for a couple of months, but he wanted it back. He told me to look under my pillow when I got home as I was leaving NYC. It was the last time we saw each other...

I keep his letter in one of two books. One is a book he gave me as a gift & the other is for spiritual inspiration. I needed the latter book at school the other day. Before I left home I checked to make sure that the letter wasn't in there. Nope. Didn't see it, which would mean it was in the other book. Well, I got to school & was about to pass the book on, when I realized that the letter was in there after all. I sort of freaked. Well, I did freak. I loose things a lot, esp. keys, ATM cards & my mind. I decided to put the letter into my school-bag. Surely, it would be the safest place - right?! This evening I went to my bag to pull it out. I have the thing pretty much memorized, but I like to read it here and there & I hadn't read it in a while. I pulled the letter out of my bag & then I totally freaked out when I realized that - for some reason - the last two pages were missing. I only had the first page of the letter! I searched and freaked. I was sure it was lost. I thought I was going to go nuts, which is pretty impossible. I'm already pretty nuts these days. Nuttier than nuts... Yeap. That's moi!

In my true "I'm the queen of loosing things" style I had also misplaced one of Nuriel's handknit socks. I had last seen the sock in our bed (she sleeps in the bed with me) last night. I searched in the bed & under the bed... Then I lifted the pillow... and I almost bleeping fainted when the other two pages of the letter were under the pillow! I had not even kept the book in my bedroom! How weird is that?! (I also found the sock under the bed, after I had already looked there four times & not seen it!)

How did the pages of the letter get there? I'm going to go nuts... Oh, no... I already am! - And under the pillow of all places! CraZzZzeeee.

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

Perhaps Brent put them there knowing you needed a lil somfin from him left behind once more....

W-S Wanderings said...

Yes, a loving message from Brent. Not crazy, but beautiful.

paula said...

He does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He?

Oddiferous said...

Scan those!!!!! And save them in more than one place. This is what I have to do with really important things.