My youngest is ten today. Ten years. It's hard to believe. Born on a lovely Tuesday late summer evening in Germany. With your Dad deployed to Bosnia at the time, Mom made it to the birth center just in time for you to be born. - 8 lbs. 5 oz. - 20". A healthy baby boy.
Your "due date" was September 16th. Your Dad wanted to surprise us. He was coming home later that week, having talked his supervisor into being able to come home advanced party to be there for your birth. Turns out you ended up surprising your Dad! He got the Red Cross message telling him that I was in labor in Bosnia and called the birth center right away. I had been in labor with Noah for over 36 hours. I remember him saying, "Hang in there. I'll be there tomorrow morning. They are sending me home on a plane." But you were already born! 4 hours of labor, if that. I said, "The baby has already been born. It's a boy." Your Dad was stunned. He thought I was joking. So, you didn't officially have a name 'til your Dad came home two days later. His plane ended up being grounded for 2 days because of fog. But you just always looked like a Nathan to me. You were a quiet baby - unlike your brother. :-) I would wake you up every 5 hours to nurse you, and you would fall right back asleep.
While we were waiting at home for your Dad to come and be with us, I remember laying in bed, you on one side, Noah on the other. Noah said, "Mama, when are you bringing him back to where you got him?" I said, "Oh, he's your brother. He will stay." I'm glad you two get along most of the time, having chosen each other as brothers when you were still up in heaven with the angels. - Two earth-sign children with a water-sign Mama. What were you thinking?! :-)
Nathan (1) and Noah (2-3/4) - November 1999
Your "due date" was September 16th. Your Dad wanted to surprise us. He was coming home later that week, having talked his supervisor into being able to come home advanced party to be there for your birth. Turns out you ended up surprising your Dad! He got the Red Cross message telling him that I was in labor in Bosnia and called the birth center right away. I had been in labor with Noah for over 36 hours. I remember him saying, "Hang in there. I'll be there tomorrow morning. They are sending me home on a plane." But you were already born! 4 hours of labor, if that. I said, "The baby has already been born. It's a boy." Your Dad was stunned. He thought I was joking. So, you didn't officially have a name 'til your Dad came home two days later. His plane ended up being grounded for 2 days because of fog. But you just always looked like a Nathan to me. You were a quiet baby - unlike your brother. :-) I would wake you up every 5 hours to nurse you, and you would fall right back asleep.
While we were waiting at home for your Dad to come and be with us, I remember laying in bed, you on one side, Noah on the other. Noah said, "Mama, when are you bringing him back to where you got him?" I said, "Oh, he's your brother. He will stay." I'm glad you two get along most of the time, having chosen each other as brothers when you were still up in heaven with the angels. - Two earth-sign children with a water-sign Mama. What were you thinking?! :-)
Nathan (1) and Noah (2-3/4) - November 1999
February 2008You have grown to be such a funny boy. One of the funniest things you did when you were six. You and your friend Daniel took apart a play-stand in your Waldorf Kindergarten with a screw-driver you had "smuggled" to school that day. You wanted to built a spaceship to escape. The Kindergarten teacher noticed when the play-stand came a-crashing. You were so ready for 1st grade. I love your sense of humor. I love your wisdom. Yes, you are still so small, but you already have so much wisdom. You are a Nathan indeed. Happy Birthday! Many blessings from your Mama.


No comments:
Post a Comment