Morning sun.
The magnolias bloomed.
Peppermint fragrance
in the air.
The birds sang.
Spring in my heart and soul.
Like a bird carefree
I soared to
the heights of the sky.
Loving.
Joyful.
Laughing.
Dreaming.
Light as feathers.
Beauty below.
Hope ahead.
Dreaming.
Laughing.
Joyful.
Loving.
The evening.
A beautiful breeze
and fireflies.
Then.
A shot in the darkness.
Seemingly from nowhere.
Straight to the heart
the bullet flew.
Pain.
Falling.
Falling.
Falling.
Plunk.
Numbness
as I hit the ground.
Here I am
looking up to
all that was
lost in the sky.
Hurting.
Crying.
Lonely.
Cold.
Shivering.
Mourning.
The dreams.
The hopes.
The love as pure
as a white rose.
Will I heal?
Will I be strong enough
to soar there again one day?
-
Please pinch me so
I can wake from this horrible nightmare
that has violated my heart and soul.
Pinch me to take away the pain.
It cannot be real.
But it is.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh... now this is sad. I am sorry.Hoping you find some peace and the path back to joy soon.
Post a Comment