We had a fabulous Thanksgivng! Nuriel and I got up early on Wednesday to do some grocery shopping.
The weather was beautiful. Crisp, sunny autumnal air. I opened the kitchen door to the back porch where Nuriel played while I was getting things ready in the kitchen. We had a lot of baking to do!
At one point she decided that she, too, must wear her apron!
We baked four apple custard pies and a caramelized pear upside down cake. {No, we didn't eat all the pies!}
We chopped and ate apples while working in the kitchen. It was a lot of fun to bake with my boys!
The pies looked great and tasted yummy!
On Thursday we headed to Gloucester where we had been invited to a friend's house. Once we made it through the crazy traffic on 64 East, it was a beautiful drive down the Colonial Parkway.
Nuriel fell in love with the swing in the backyard by the marina.
Nunu and the moon.
I (1) dislike Black Friday sales as I strive to support "local" rather than "big," and (2) I dislike clothing with writing on it. Thus this shirt was the perfect thing to purchase at a Black Friday sale Noah and Nathan wanted to go to. Ha.
This is what I have been working on for a handmade toys holidays exchange. What a fabulous idea! We all craft three of something, then exchange the goodies over wine. :-) I wonder what Nuriel will end up with...
Nuriel searching for gnomes. (She didn't find any. Hmmm...)
4 comments:
LOVE the last picture of Nunu . . and which son is baking in the picture . . which ever one, MAN! He sure has grown up ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Oh my gosh, Nuriel is exquisite! And yes, your lovely son seems to have grown so much!
Those gnomes are clever at concealing themselves...
It's the "little son" baking. The "big son" is now 5-10 and 200 lbs. :-)
she keeps getting cuter ...and bigger!!
Post a Comment