Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blue

A few months ago I started a journey.

I started walking somewhere in the dense forest knowing that I will get to a place where the path opens into a beautiful clearing where flowers are blooming, where there is a celebration of two coming together.

At times I have walked the path happily skipping – in joyful anticipation.
At times I have dragged my feet wondering if I will ever get there.

Every now and then the heavens have opened up and have showered me with special treasures & joyful moments. They have kept hope alive.

I should have arrived at the clearing weeks ago, but things changed. Detour. Destination a different clearing.

I journeyed on in joyful anticipation of love.

Along I have walked and the clearing is near.
I can see it – straight ahead, like light at the end of a dark tunnel…
Yet so unclear & veiled in mist.

My pace has slowed.
I’m scared.

I don’t know what will await me.

I don’t want to turn around.
Yet I’m too fearful to go on.

Too often I have been on similar paths that ended in an abyss.

I can’t fall again.
I need to soar.

I’m scared.

No comments: