I taught "Stories-N-Felting" camp for three days this week. I know many (teacher) friends started school already. We're not going back 'til September 8th. The children attending camp were five to seven years old. The pictures you see are their creations. It's helpful to keep that in mind when reading about the projects.
In the first story I introduced a beautiful beach with a clear ocean. In the back rose rolling green hills that eventually gave way to snow-capped mountains. The story was about a fish happily living together with his fish friends. One day a shark disturbs the peace. The fish swim away fast, loosing each other in the process. The fish finds a lil' seashell and eventually makes two good friends, a crab & a seahorse. The inspiration for this came from an old issue of Living Crafts magazine.
In the first story I introduced a beautiful beach with a clear ocean. In the back rose rolling green hills that eventually gave way to snow-capped mountains. The story was about a fish happily living together with his fish friends. One day a shark disturbs the peace. The fish swim away fast, loosing each other in the process. The fish finds a lil' seashell and eventually makes two good friends, a crab & a seahorse. The inspiration for this came from an old issue of Living Crafts magazine.
Inspired by my friend Angie's post "Treasure Bag" (Thanks, Angie!) we felted little pouches. These pouches would later hold the felted little fish, the seashell & a small dyed silk. - Sort of a "mini puppet play in a pouch."
2 comments:
These are so beautiful! I just love children's felt. Great job, teach!
What a great idea! I have kids come to the farm and I have them make felts balls (I don't felt) but this is something they'd have a nicer gift to take home.
Post a Comment