Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Naughty Confession

It's been a secret of mine for a while now, but I thought I'd come out of the closet about it. I had a friend over earlier and she had brought a bottle of wine. I'm a bit tipsy right now - just the right time for a confession such as this one. I know that Brent reads this blog regularly & most of you know how much he means to me. I have tried to tell him about this habit in the past, but I just never built up the courage to do so. Men usually aren't as much into it as women are, you know. I wasn't sure whether or not he would understand. I was afraid he would think I'm crazy, so I never mentioned it.

The internet is so awesome! You can tell the world anything and everything without ever really saying a thing.

I know it will sound naughty to some, especially considering my profession. In case my Mom reads this, "Mom, I hope you will be okay with it & still let me have that antique cabinet in your will!"

A while ago I wrote a venting blog post that got me in a bit of trouble. I sure hope that some won't think that publishing this sort of confession is over the top.

Okay, you are probably wondering, "What is this naughty habit?"

Sigh.

Oh, this is not easy at all!

Yikes.

Much more difficult than I thought.

Well, the thing is - I like to swap.

I know that at this point most of you will gasp. Some might even decide they have read enough & click away, but I ask that you please give me a chance to explain, even if you are a rather conservative person. This blog post might very well convince you to start swapping yourself!

I'm not sure what about it fascinates me so much. Maybe it is the mystical quality of it all. You never really know what you will get. It's not that satisfaction is guaranteed. There's a possibility for disappointment, especially in regards to "size" & "quality." I know some say size does not matter... Well, maybe we can discuss that some other time.

I really felt the need to want to be at my best and satisfy my partner. I certainly did not want to disappoint my swap partner. It may seem sort of odd. We are strangers after all, but I just wanted to leave a good impression.

I have been very happy with my swapping experience so far.

You should give it a try.

I swapped this past week & it was so exciting. In this specific scenario I was very happy with what I got. It was much more than I had ever expected. It was as if the person knew me, knew what I liked, although they could not possibly have known, because we were complete strangers matched up by a 3rd party.

So much pleasure!

Yessss.

Oh my.

I love to swap yarn on Ravelry.

4 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

Ha ha!! Very well written! Can't say I've tried too much swapping in my life but maybe I should!

Thanks for the giggle.

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

wow, all that knitting talent and such a sense of humor too!

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

*gasp* You can SWAP yarn on Ravelry???? I had no idea. I might even swap now.
You crack me up, girl.

Cadi said...

Yes, you can join a swap group, Angie. Swapping is even more fun when done as a group experience. ;-)