
The 2nd grade language arts curriculum includes native legends, fables & stories of the saints. I'm using "Stories of the Saints" by Siegwart Knijpenga & "The Giant at the Ford" by Ursula Synge as my main resources. (For no particular reason) I told them of Gregory the Great first. The pictures were essentially free drawings by the students. I mostly have them do guided drawings, but every now and then I just like to see what they draw from their imagination. There's a wonderful story of Gregory hiding in a cave in the woods & a pillar of light streaming down from heaven leads the people to him. The students did writing with it, too - of course. I'm trying to make sure they have a solid foundation of sight words, so that is our language arts focus during this block. I'm telling them the story of Saint Odilia this week. I'll try to share some impressions at the end of the week.
1 comment:
They did such nice drawings on their own. You must be teaching them well!
Post a Comment