Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oneone

It's hard to believe that it has been a year since this blog post & that Nathan is eleven years old today, but it is so. He's never liked school much. It's a bit unfortunate that his birthday is also the first day of school this year, but we spent a lovely weekend in Myrtle Beach with family, so we celebrated ahead of time, which is unusual for us.

The cake was very healthy as you can see - one of those gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, soy-free kind of "treats." :-) Just kidding. Of course we had ice-cream with it, too. Happy Birthday, Nathan! You know you are my favorite child. ;-) (I must explain this one: Both of my children always complain that I favor the other, so I make it a point to tell both of them in front of the respective sibling that they are my favorite child, which usually makes them smile as they realize how silly what they say is.)

Nathan loves to draw, so I gave him a set of 36 watercolor pencils, which he loved. Thing is he thinks they are too precious to use. :-) He also ended up with some $$$ which I suspect he will spend on Legos. Artist & engineer is what comes to mind when I think about him, but the other day, after tasting some coffee he said, "Mhmmm. I like it. I like donuts, too. I should probably become a police-officer." It will be interesting to see what profession he will choose one day...

2 comments:

Teaching Handwork said...

Happy Hippo Birdy!

Charlotte Scott said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up! Happy Birthday, Nathan.