Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Awesomerest Sled


Notice the similarities? A boogie board for all occasions, I say. We got about 12" of snow in a 24 hours period. That's pretty unusual for Virginia at this time of the year. Nathan wanted to go sledding at Forest Hill Park - the thing to do in our neighborhood when snow falls in Richmond. In his ideal world, he would have had some awesome monster-speedy sled. I suggested using the lid of a storage box. He wasn't thrilled. Then the boogie board from our time at Myrtle Beach came to mind. He warmed up to the idea rather quickly. Voila! A sled. Funny thing was that when we got to the park, there actually were people sledding on storage box lids, in trash can lids, even in inflatable rafts & rooftop cargo carriers. Crazy. Cold. Fun.

P.S. I do know that awesomerest is not a real word!

5 comments:

Tonya Gunn said...

This is so funny even up here in northern Vermont our children will pull out their boogie boards for a bit of variety in the middle of the winter. How wonderful for you all to be able to enjoy a bit of winter wonderland. Warm wishes.

Anne said...

WOW, it never snows like that up here. I have to go inland a bit more or down south.
It does snow up here in the Mountains but not much. If it does, it's thawed out by lunch time.

Merry Christmas to you and your boys....:)

Anne said...

"Merry Christmas"

Anne said...

Sorry for leaving two comments. I wasn't sure if my first comment worked - I did't notice that the comment moderator was on and I thought I wiped my comment...:)

Rebecca K. said...

Oh my gosh!!! C- your boys have gotten so big since i last saw them! oh my gosh, and handsome!!! whoa! time flies huh?!\
rebecca