Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Birdhouses


Voila! I wanted a manageable building project to do with my 3rd graders at school & I wanted it to be something functional; not something that collects dust. A parent kindly created kits for the students using this plan. They wrote their names & the year & added a little design which I then traced with a woodburning tool. Twelve third graders & twelve hammers & not a single band-aid used! I call that a success.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea!!!!

angela said...

Brilliant!!!!

Gail said...

Awesome! One of our gift "coupons" to the kids this summer is to build a birdhouse together - these look just perfect!

paula said...

That's not a success . . . . it's a M-I-R-A-C-L-E ! ! ! !

Kimmie said...

Love it~!

softearthart said...

Wonderful, cheers Marie

the lady in red said...

Oh wonderful! What a sweet idea, thank you for sharing it :) I'm always looking for fun ideas for activities to do with the kids down at church, this is quite perfect. Thank you, and good job! :)

Anne said...

I love it!.......:)
Thanks for the link.

Happy New Year....:)

Sue from Ky. said...

Great idea. I love making things that are useful,too.

(I thought of you and Nuri when I read this post. You should check it out.

http://thewhisperingcreekhouse.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-blog-i-love.html

Wichtelzwerg said...

Cadi love, I'm one of your silent readers. Today I would like to tell you how much I appreciate you for your strength, your courage and optimism. I believe that you have a good role model for many women may be why I would like to pass on to you the award "Darling blog"so many other women may get to know you yet. You can find your award on my blog at http://wichtel-zwerg.blogspot.com/
My sincere love for you and your loved ones
Claudia