Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Year's Resolutions (Ha!)

(1) I will stop removing empty toilet tissue rolls from the bathroom. It will be interesting too see the accumulation. After all, I am the only person who removes them from the bathroom. Stay tuned for blog posts filed under "Toilet Roll 2011."

(2) I will not join any crazy efforts like 52 knitting projects, mittens, or socks in 52 weeks or 11 shawls in 2011. (What are these shawl people going to do in 2076?)

(3) I don't want to loose weight. Well, I do, but I won't admit it. I can thus not fall short of my weight loss goal, because really it doesn't exist - although it does. (No, I haven't started drinking yet!)

Yes, 2011 has "slacker" written all over it already. Bring it on!

10 comments:

emerson-j said...

BRILLIANT!!!!

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

I like it! Best wishes for a good one Bridget

Leonie said...

I once, out of sheer frustration over my husbands inability to put toilet rolls in the bin (on top yes, in, no!!) so I collected them all and one day jsut before he left for work I popped them in his bag...a nice surprise... he obviously had been saving them for some reason. Funny, he never does it anymore...lol.

Regina said...

Great New Year's Resolutions ... made me laugh out loud ... A very happy New Year to you and keep on rocking, girl ...

W-S Wanderings said...

Empty toilet paper rolls, it seems that children are in-tuned to the rolls' separation anxiety from their still-full brethren. It is an act of kindness to leave the empties in the bathroom, my children are sure of it. Thank you for the New Year's laughter.

angela said...

I hope you will still be able to use the bathroom come June! lol. I can see hundreds of rolls spilling out of the toilet as you open the door bowling you over and covering you. hahaha.
have a great new year and god bless you and your little ones.

paula said...

You need to join my 2011 challenge . . Start 15 projects that you don't plan on finishing. Then if you finish any of them, it will be a GREAT surprise.

Hum . . "Must start thinking of toilet roll projects," I think to myself. "Cadi is going to need the."

Love to all of you this old/new year.

Anonymous said...

lol Cadi. I feel the same about weight loss goals...I want to lose weight, but I deliberately haven't made it an official goal. Therefore...I can't fail...right? ha ha

Sue from Ky. said...

You could start a new game,"Let's see who can be the most creative with empty toilet paper rolls."I use them in many crafts. I know your two boys could think of some neat craft to use them up.It might prove interesting,but we'll want to see pictures.

Notchka said...

Mahaha to put my oar in - 1) Perhaps you can declare to your family you are working on a Tracy Emin-esk art installation called "unmade bathroom"? to 2) I here you on that one - no more Swaps for me for a while - whyyyyy do we give ourselves all the pressure? 3)yup, I'm with you. My problem is I'm not genetically prepossessed with the exercise gene and I love fooooood - salad, chocolate I'm not fussy! Best of luck with your very sensible resolutions (and if your game I'd love to see photos of the bathroom 6 weeks down the line).