"Managing" seems to be the motto this season. Managing as in... achieve something with difficulty: to succeed in doing something, especially something that seems difficult or impossible OR cope in a difficult situation: to survive or continue despite difficulties.
I managed to put up a few Christmas decorations. Nathan made the stars on the left & right. I made the one in the middle (so did my 2nd grade students).
I managed to put up a tree on a snowday. I was hesitant about putting up a tree. I even managed to buy the tree where Brent & I had bought one last year.
I had a few good laughs. It seems it took 20 picture snaps to get a decent, well-mannered one. (No, this is NOT the one!)
I made a pair of Turkish Bedsocks (using Koigu) for a very special person. I managed to get all my swap envelopes & the package out... albeit a bit late - but still scheduled to arrive before Christmas Eve. I also managed to bake a batch of coconut thumbprint cookies & we managed to devour them in less than 24 hours. I hid them from the children, but there was no one to hide them from me. Maybe I will manage to make another batch.
And Nuriel aka Nunu aka Noodle and I did a wee bit of Christmas shopping today. Her sweet lil' gift arrived in the mail and I got two things each for the boys. - I spent less than $60, but I bought things I know they will love.





11 comments:
I think you are 'managing' incredibly well, all things considered. It looks like you have decorated your home in a lovely, festive way. I hope Nuri's first Christmas will be special for you even though you are missing her daddy so much. *HUGS*
((HUG"S)) from Australia.
What a beautiful quilt did you make it? I love all those colours.
What a cute photo of your children. Little Nuriel is looking so big she is growing up fast...:)
Anne,
The quilt was made by Lottie over at www.theslightlymadquiltlady.blogspot.com. We did a swap last year or early this year... A quilt for a knitted shawl. Isn't it gorgeous?! You should take a look at some of her other quilts, too. She is an amazing quilter.
Blessings,
Cadi
love the photo! kids drive ya mad but keep ya sane all at the same time dont they? hope the rest of ur xmas goes smoothly ;)
Oh how lovely you and your children are, a joy to behold, love and light, Marie
you are doing SO well.
your kids are gorgeous!!!!
I absolutely LOVE your tree . . .it is the kind I always looked for but never could find.
The picture of the kids looks exactly like a sibling picture should look . . . goofy and loving.
How did you know about a wooden teether? It is an interesting idea.
Happy First Christmas Lil Nuri!!
thanks so much for our beautiful Deco swap,very much in love!!! xxxxxx
i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures of all three kids. i too tried to go for a nice shot but didn't succeed ...instead getting tons of pics of their personalities which i liked even more. your little Noodle gets cuter by the day! and the quilt she's lying on is so very pretty and pleasing to the eyes.
you're doing good Cadi. i know it's tough and i know it's taking everything you've got but i think you'll look back and be glad you did all this. it's Nuriel's first Christmas and you can't ever get that back. and Brent is out there somewhere smiling big.
Hi Cadi - I just had the most wonderful surprise appear in my mail! Thank you so much for my wee angel, she is absolutely beautiful :)
You made my whole week with such a thoughtful & lovely surprise!
You're so strong and amazing - I hope you and those gorgeous kids of yours have a wonderful Christmas, you deserve it :)
Lots of love, Kathleen xxx
Hello again - a ha! Yip, won a prize through KMB ages ago, I'd forgotten all about it! I think the timing's perfect, surprises are all the better at Christmas :)
Post a Comment