A snooze is precious these days & a snooze in Mama's arms is the best... Nuriel has (very itchy) cradle cap & it's driving both of us bonkers in different ways... I wanted to write a post to "wrap up" the year, but maybe not. In any case... Happy New Year!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I find that winter babies are more prone to cradle cap. The damp darkness underneath hats seems to contribute to this condition. Massaging scalp with olive oil or calendula oil for at least 15 minutes every day, after which using a soft baby brush to remove excess 'wax' on the scalp works a treat.
Gawd she is so damn cute!
Kimmie -
I started doing an almond oil/tea tree oil kinda thing. I guess my hat attachment is back-firing, huh? ;-)
It's gotten a bit better, but she's covered in scratch marks & when she can't scratch, she goes bonkers...
Happy 2011 to you!
Love,
Cadi
cutie pie, emerson has cradle cap too, its annoying ...
Pour Nunu and Mommy :0{
Have you tried breastmilk? I figure it seems to fix every other ailment, so I'm trying it on my daughter!
breastmilk! massage it in there on her scalp.....it literally works magic! she is so sweet ♥
I had already tried breastmilk & it didn't work. :-(
Looks like he almond oil/tea tree oil is working for her...
Thank you for all the suggestions!
Happy new year to you too gorgeous, tea tree oil will work just fine~!
I am also rather fond of hats on bubba's, so sweet :]
I tend to reach for coconut oil instead of almond oil these days - the combo with tea-tree oil is fantastic. The cradle cap can carry a low grade fungal infection on her scalp which means that just softening and rubbing it off won't prevent it from coming back. Both tea tree and coconut oil have anti-fungal properties, but the coconut oil more so than the tea-tree. Works a treat in our house and its my go to eczema treatment too (don't even get me started on the eczema in our house! Damn food allergies!)
All of my 11 babies have suffered from terrible cradle cap. This time around a friend recommended Eucerin. I bought some and low and behold, the cradle cap was gone in THREE DAYS, never to return (baby Apollo is now six months old).
Try applying Apple Cider Vinegar with a cotton ball.
Post a Comment