Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yarn Along Wednesday

I'm joining Yarn Along Wednesday today. 

I finished this, and then I went to some functional knitting yesterday and stitched up a Vanilla soaker. For some reason I totally got everything wrong. It turned out way too big. So big that (even after slightly felting it) it will not ever fit a child in diapering age! So, it's being felted in the washer now. It was a nice soft rosy hue and will make some nice heart-ornaments for the Christmas tree. :-) I did figure out why it got so big. I wasn't using the right version for the yarn I had. Duh, me. 

I'm also knitting a green shawl using some Malabrigo Sock from my stash. And I have 5 (gasp) shawls waiting to be blocked. I finished The Silver Lining, I have a Rosie Shawl, and I used the white Malabrigo to knit three Shetland Triangles varying in size: Mother. Daughter. Dollie. 

I'm reading Conception, Birth & Early Childhood by Norbert Glas. I'm enjoying the insights he offers about child development. It's so nice to see all of this unfold for Nuriel. If I get around to it sometime, I'll share more.

If you haven't entered yet, the Mother Earth Meltdown Monday Giveaway is still open to entries!

5 comments:

Julia said...

That White shawl looks like you would be wrapping up in a cloud. Lovely.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

5 shawls! Wow! I agree with Julia, the one pictured is gorgeous and cloud-like. Lovely.

www.OhThePlacesWellRoll.com said...

oh my goodness do you have your hands full! i can only for sure, keep track of one project, at least knitting project, at a time! between the stuff i want to sew, craft, read, and get to the garden, one thing on the needles at a time for me! boy i wish time was endless!

:)
jen

Tom said...

Uggh, I have done that with the vanilla soaker before too. In fact more than once. I am felting one now as I write this in the hope that it will be a good fit after. I have high hopes. xx

Ericasue said...

As with all of your knitting, the shawl is beautiful!

The book looks really interesting! I might have to see if I can get my hands on a copy and I would love to hear more about it!