Below are some impressions of things created during the summer camp. I mentioned it here a few days ago. I changed things around from the original plan. I had lots of sweet children on the younger side (ages 4-8), so I simplified here and there.
We did felt caterpillars & butterflies. We ended up doing a guided beeswax crayon drawing instead of a watercolor painting for the movable picture. Instead of felting ladybugs, we made a kind of wool pompom ladybug. Instead of dyeing silks, I experimented with a wood-burner & each child took home their felted treasures in a lil' personalized storytelling box.
It's been a tiring week and I remain behind as far as my schedule is concerned. I'm hoping for a mellow afternoon. We're house-sitting through tomorrow, so we have a TV and the children have found the World Cup. We actually don't own a TV, so this is super-special. Our German genes make it so that we like soccer. Beer and good pastries, too! :-)
Before showing the pictures, I want to remind you of two things:
(1) The blog giveaway for a pilot-style baby hat is still going on through June 14th. Check it out & let your friends know, too.
(2) Also still happening through June 20th is the RichmondMom Dream Baby Shower contest my cousin nominated me for. Please consider voting for me if you haven't done so already. The jist of the past few months is in the "Namaste!" blurb there on the right. I really could use a massage. I know, couldn't we all, huh? Anyhoo, you can find details here.
We did felt caterpillars & butterflies. We ended up doing a guided beeswax crayon drawing instead of a watercolor painting for the movable picture. Instead of felting ladybugs, we made a kind of wool pompom ladybug. Instead of dyeing silks, I experimented with a wood-burner & each child took home their felted treasures in a lil' personalized storytelling box.
It's been a tiring week and I remain behind as far as my schedule is concerned. I'm hoping for a mellow afternoon. We're house-sitting through tomorrow, so we have a TV and the children have found the World Cup. We actually don't own a TV, so this is super-special. Our German genes make it so that we like soccer. Beer and good pastries, too! :-)
Before showing the pictures, I want to remind you of two things:
(1) The blog giveaway for a pilot-style baby hat is still going on through June 14th. Check it out & let your friends know, too.
(2) Also still happening through June 20th is the RichmondMom Dream Baby Shower contest my cousin nominated me for. Please consider voting for me if you haven't done so already. The jist of the past few months is in the "Namaste!" blurb there on the right. I really could use a massage. I know, couldn't we all, huh? Anyhoo, you can find details here.
A "phunky wool" caterpillar on one of the boxes. The children felted around a bit of floral wire. I really like how the ones turned out where rovings were mixed.
Butterfly created from a flat piece of felt & cut out. Unfortunately there was no time to refelt the cutouts. I'd do that in the future to have a neater edge.
Ladybugs created by making red & black pompoms. Once you figure out how to wrap the little cardboard donuts, it's success each & every time.
I don't want to show a picture of the boxes, because it would reveal the names of the children, but I think you get an idea of how they looked. Just lil' square boxes & names engraved with a wood-burner.


9 comments:
They are all pretty cool, cheers Marie
You are just SO CREATIVE!
Any new info on the house hunting?
Paula,
Thanks.
Well, as of this afternoon (gasp) closing has been (gasp) scheduled and set-up (gasp) for (gasp) next Friday. I can hardly believe it. I don't really want to type it for fear I'm gonna jinx things, but that is the status as of today, here & now.
Not sure how things will be in two minutes, but that's what I know for now.
The felt butterflies are beautiful, I love the softness of the colors.
I am not entering the giveaway for your super sweet cap, someone with a new little one needs that. I did vote for you in the contest, good luck!
You sure are doing a lot, hope you get some of that restful time!
Oh, those moveable pictures might be just the ticket for a rainy day predicted tomorrow! And my fingers are very, very crossed for closing to happen smoothly, easily with absolutuely no stress.
Cute! I just got boxes today to help the kids keep their treasures in. Now I think we may have to make some cute new treasures. Auri will love the ladybugs.
I'm also sending you energy for the closing, and I second Renee in that you need to REST mama.:o)
I love the butterflies and ladybugs. Needle felting and me equals disaster.
Just beautiful - I adore the butterflies and the ladybugs.
The little lady bugs are so very very cute!!!
Post a Comment