I got to be a "real" parent for half a day today, being a chaperon for Nathan's field trip to Tuckahoe Plantation. - They are studying Virginia History in their final block of the year. Tuckahoe Plantation was the boyhood home of Thomas Jefferson. Unfortunately no picture-snapping is allowed on the inside. It was marvelous, though.
The photo from the front turned out not-so-nice, so I give you the picture of the back. It's and H-shaped house.




5 comments:
What a lovely field trip destination~!
I agree. I have always worked, so never got to travel much, but I did drive the school bus for 8 years and got to go on field trips with the grade school kids on occasion.Then I had an exchange student from France for one whole summer month. I tried to take him to lots of places in Ky, that I had and had not seen. It was great for both of us.
This looks like someplace I would like to visit.
Heck on the visiting . . . I want to LIVE there!
LOLOL
Come visit. I'll take you there. No kidding. :-) But, for full disclosure, someone was murdered in the upstairs bedroom. The wood floor still has the blood stain. And the guide tells lots of ghost stories. The garden is awesome. Nice place for knitting (or crocheting).
what a beautiful garden! And picket fence - I would really love a picket fence....one day :)
Post a Comment