Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Platypus

Here are some excerpts from Nathan's 4-page Platypus report. (Thanks for the reminder, Paula!) He joined 4th grade a few weeks ago & he loves it there. The basic idea was "do something, or nothing." The assignment directions gave suggestions, but there were no requirements to do anything at all. Nathan chose to do a kind of "traditional" animal report. I think he did a fine job. He really took his time with the research, writing, and - most of all - the illustrations.

The first page with the map of the habitat.

Venom gland detail.

A platypus by the riverbank.

5 comments:

paula said...

WOW . . I can not believe how well he write . .I wuld have loved to have had writers like that in my class . . wouldn't have had to guess at what they were trying to say . . which I wouldn't do.

And the illustrations are to die for.

GREAT JOB NATHAN ! ! ! ! !

Charlotte Scott said...

Very cool. And such neat handwriting...puts mine to shame!

Allison said...

I love the illustrations! Wow!

Anne said...

Beautiful pictures.

Nathan is a very talented drawer. He has captured the platypus very well.

Cat J B said...

Do you know, I did not know the platypus has any sort of venom gland at all. My claim is that I'm a Kiwi of 27 years and an Aussie for only.......nearly 10. Ha, that dates me perfectly, doesn't it? Well done on the project Nathan, and what gorgeous handwriting.