Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

That Volcano Eruption

"Thank you for your opinion," is what I calmly said in response to the outrageous, unreasonable, insulting lava that was shooting in my direction. Her eruption continued to spew large amounts of ash and smoke and showed no signs of abating. The hot fumes melted a glacier causing a flood & the frequent insults sounded like bombs going off. Scientists said that the eruption was at least five times more powerful than the one that occurred last month & that first signs of seismic activity had been picked up earlier this year, causing them to predict a gigantic eruption at any moment.

The smoke encircling her head kept my plane from taking off, though. My calmness made her even more furious & caused her eruption to intensify, until at last she realized my own internal volcano wasn't going to explode with molten lava like hers did.

The land between us will be covered in a thick layer of ash for some time to come, that's for sure. Natural disasters are one thing, human disasters quite another.

3 comments:

paula said...

I'm sorry to hear you had to put up with this.

Do you need to talk? I'm a good listener.

Charlotte Scott said...

Oh dear, sending you lots of good ju ju. I believe in karma.

Annette Piper said...

Good girl for staying calm. Like the volcano analogy!