Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Spring!


 An outing to see a sweet puppet play, "The Winning of Kwelanga."

 Nathan continues to amaze me with his artistic abilities. This is his pencil sketch of Leonardo da Vinci, which he drew for a 7th grade block.

 The amazing Mama who takes care of Nuriel while I work just had a baby, so there's been lots of babywearing-imitation happening at our house. 

 I had a fabulous 38th birthday. I've been dreaming about Venice, so Nathan drew this picture inside the birthday card he made for me. Noah got me banana pudding (yummy!) and Nuriel kept insisting that it was HER birthday. :-)

Nuriel planted some Easter grass on Palm Sunday morning...

 ... that evening we got some unexpected snow, which resulted in a fabulous snow day that Monday.

 By Wednesday the grass was already this tall!

 Using some pea shoot sprouts and coffee & vinegar, I dyed some of these eggs with my students.

 A visit to a local Alpaca fiber festival with these sweet little one, just a week old.

 A fabulous creation by my friend Mindi - in exchange for a set of rainbow bunnies for her daughter. I love this dress!

 No chocolate bunnies were devoured in our house this year, but the Easter bunny did bring a chocolate carrot with the bunnies I had sewn from felt for Nuriel. {She loves her chocolate.}

3 comments:

paula said...

Nathan's da Vinci shows how his drawing skills have evolved. Yes, my dear, you have a very talented son. It has been fun, and will be an experience, seeing his skills evolve more over the next few years.

angela said...

Welcome back, I was wondering how you were all doing. Very talented son you have there, and wow has little miss grown!
Glad you all had a nice Easter xxxx

Anne said...

What amazing drawings!

Cute photos of your little girl wow she growing up fast!
And Happy 38th birthday, Im 38 in August and having my 4th baby just before my birthday!