Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Kiwi Mummy Blogs

I must explain the "Kiwi Mummy Blogs" logo.

Because, you must wonder, how on earth can a German chick living in the U.S. (legally may I add) be a Kiwi Mum blogger?

I somehow found Kiwi Mummy Blogs during a spell of insomnia last night. You know, when you click and click and click a few more times and all of a sudden you are somewhere where you've never been before & you've found a treasure?

I was just so glad to have found that pocket of kiwiness. Afterall, Baby "N" is half a Kiwi & you may remember that I was attached to him having some things from New Zealand. I sent the blog-owner a note letting her know how glad I was to have found the place! And well, she decided that she would add me anyways, 'cause she likes my blog & she thinks that I will meet some lovely Kiwi Mums & that it will help me keep that kiwiness going for Baby "N". Now, how sweet is that?

Lots of sweet blogs over there & so much craftiness and creativity! You can just feel the good energy pop out through your laptop (or PC) screen! Go have a peek.

I'll have a blog giveaway soon. You can start thinking of boy "N" names if you want to participate in the guessing. The name I have picked is traditionally a boy name, but I would have also given it to a girl.

And kia ora, Sarah. That was as sweet as chocolate fish! :-)

9 comments:

paula said...

A BOY ? ? ? ? ?

Did I miss something ? ? ? ? ?

I thought Baby N was hiding from the "sonar."

Glad you found your inner "Kiwi-ness" on Kiwi Mummy Blogs. I have a feeling it will be cathartic for you . . a line to eep "both of you" grounded in Kiwi-land.

:o} pala

Cadi said...

Let's just say baby "N" was not shy. I didn't want to know, but at the 2nd ultrasound, you know the one I had to go to because of the questions around potential heart defect, well, I thought I saw "it" hanging there. In that same moment the ultrasound tech asked me if I want to know the boy or girl thing. I said that I didn't, but told her that I had seen "it," too. She laughed. That's the story.

I will remain queen of my castle. :-)

Cat J B said...

Ooh, another boy, I would LOVE to have 3 boys, but may have to be satisfied with just my 2. I'm going to check out the Kiwi mummy thing, born and raised there for 27 years, I think that counts. Have you thought about any traditional Maori names? None coming to mind that start with N....

Renna said...

Hi. :-) I just landed on your blog via knitting pattern central (the lil bean pilot hat). As is my habit when I click on patterns from that site, I then look around the pattern submitter's blog to see if it's one I want to subscribe to for future reading. As I read your profile, my heart really went out to you. I was also widowed at a young age, leaving me with a 9yo and a 1yo. Going through something like that, you really find what you're made of. If anyone had ever told me I'd survive such an ordeal, I'd not have believed them. With God's help, I did survive.

Twenty-five years have now passed since that dark time of my life. I was later blessed to fall in love again, and have now been married 20 years and am very happy. God created us to be quite resilient creatures. You sound so much more together than I remember feeling at that space of time after losing my late husband.

You'll never forget him, and you'll always love him, but in time, you will heal; and that time frame is different for everyone. Anyone who would try and convince you that you've grieved long enough, clearly has never faced true grief.

Sorry to ramble on so, but aside from all that I said, I really do like your blog. :-)

Jenny said...

Hey :o) I saw you had visited my blog the other day... welcome to Kiwi Mummy Blogs! I am so sorry to read of your loss but your baby will remind you of his father every day and keep your love alive! Jennifer

Sleepandhersisters said...

Hey Cadi... I am so pleased you are here in KMB... and rightly so!!! Let me know when you receive your cards. xxx

Angela said...

Glad you did!

vegemitevix said...

Oh, hey there, Kia Ora from a Kiwi expat in Hampshire UK! Thanks for commenting on my blog! so sorry to hear your story about the death of your lovely man. So sorry to hear, but so inspired to see how strong you are and how you're keeping it together for your kids! Kia kaha Arohanui hun, Vix x

Dieter Centmayer said...

Liebe CADI,

ich bin der Autor von "Gedanken zur Waldorfpädagogik". Vielen Dank für den neuen Kommentar.
Die Kommentarfunktion musste ich für einige Zeit ausschalten für, da ein Gegner ganz üble Sachen schrieb.

An welcher Waldorfschule unterrichten Sie?
Viele Grüße
Dieter Centmayer