School's winding down, but the students are wound up. Eight more days. I'm exhausted & counting. (No, I don't think that makes me a bad teacher, just human.) I've hit a bit of a "bump" with this whole grief thing, but I don't want to go into details as I really dislike hearing that I must be mentally ill, 'cause I'm "still" not really "over it." The packing continues, packing to move to - who knows where, just gotta be out by May 31st. In the midst of it all my day was brightened with bloomsies from nature. It's a tradition at our school for the children to bring in a stem of flowers for the teachers and staff during "Faculty Appreciation Days." Voila. Beautiful bouquets are created.
Everyday Life Continued...
10 hours ago



6 comments:
I love your nest and blooms. Please do not listen to those who are being so cruel and commenting on your grief. January 2010 is still so fresh and only a few months ago. Some ppl can be so insensitive in their treatment of others. Let it all out honey, I am so sad that others are judging you when they should be supporting you.
Hugs
Kim
xxx
I was always a REAL disciplinarian . . . and it paid off the last two or three weeks of school. When other classes kids were wired and showing it . . mine were wired and still behaving. I tried my hardest to take all of my classes outside the last two weeks of school. We dis a lot of group activities. The kids saw them as games, when in reality they were learning how to work together in a fun way. They thought they were getting off free . . . and I knew I was outside . .starting summer vacation early. I wanted it more than the kids.
Want to know what I did earlier today? I wrote the blog entry for my, I believe, 17th Blessingg Block. It was about my Joy, my 1st dog. The further I got into writing, the tears started to flow.
One never gets over their grief . . no matter how long it has been. One just learns to deal with it in a way that works for them.
Then, something happens and the gates open and the waters flow again.
Thinking of the "4" of you.
Bugger everyone else, grieve your own way in your own time. My Mum died 16 years ago in March and sometimes, out of the blue, it hits me between the eyes again.
Good luck with the last few days of school! I think all teachers are angels in disguise.
xx
Beautiful flowers!!! I just wanted to tell you that you one of the sets of cards from my blog... www.katherineq.blogspot.com.
well if you're mentally ill the rest of us are certifialbly insane. tell them too "eff" off. seriously.
no one ...and i mean NO ONE ...not your mother or his family or co-workers or friends or ANYONE has the right to tell you how to feel your grief, for how long, or how to express it. don't ever, ever, even stifle your feelings and emotions because it doesn't fit into some sort of fucked up spectrum someone else has decided is correct.
i'm hear if you need to vent.
um, i've been counting the days for a bit now. ;) and yes, their energy seems to rise the closer we get!
i don't imagine you will ever *get over it*. it will just get easier to live with in time, i suppose. i am sorry that you have had to hear these hurtful things from some. you know the rest of us are supporting you right where you are!
Post a Comment