Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kiwifying

No, I'm not crazy! Yes, I am blogging the day after announcing a blogging hiatus. I just have to share! A bit of kiwiness for the kiwi in Lil' Bean. I'm totally hooked on hand-me-downs, thrift store finds & knit-by-moi creations for this little one. Most babies end up with too much stuff anyhow. I'm trying to keep things simple. I really needed wanted to get these for Lil' Bean, though. Aren't they cute?
The blue striped gown is from MerinoKids. Luxurious Merino. So practical, too. I've always liked baby gowns. I made the green pilot from Zealana Kiwi Fingering yarn. It's a newborn size. I bought the yarn when I was in New Zealand last year. Just thought I should make something for Lil' Bean with it. The brown, felted kiwi booties are just too cute! I first saw them at Christchurch's Weekend Market at the Arts Centre. I had no use for wee lil' felted boots then, but I grabbed a business card. I found it in my old purse a few weeks ago & decided to get a pair.

Now back to hibernating.

7 comments:

Laura @ Our Wee Farm said...

oh so so so cute! I got my new nephew some merino kids things and sent hem to Scotland, I think they were telling me the truth when they said it was their favourite, most used things.

Cadi said...

I can totally see that! It has an awesome feel and it's such a great fiber to keep lil' ones warm!

Cadi said...

http://www.waldorflibrary.org/Journal_Articles/sjohnsonwarmth.pdf

Charlotte Scott said...

Oh yeah, merino is the best stuff for kids. I had lovely singlets for my son and they must be about the right size for dear daughter now - note to self: unpack the winter box size 2-3.

Good luck with all the moving and everything else. Hope your hiatus doesn't need to be too long.

(and the booties! Awwwwww!)

Lizz said...

Cute!

Cat J B said...

Ooh, I love merino! My dear sis, see above...ms lottie....handed me down a merino wrap for my last bub, it was gorgeous and so cosy!

Sue from Ky. said...

Love your new blog look.I see Labor Day wasn't Labor day for you. No baby yet.