Over the past week or so, I have been sharing little bits of writing. The pieces were all written in the Spring of this year during an online writing workshop led by Megan over at Refuge in Grief. It's a course that I can highly recommend. And Megan is just great. (I knew this before I signed up, but it doesn't hurt to mention it, right.) --- I was actually hesitant to sign up at first. It had been so long. I should be "over it by now" - right? I'm a terrible writer... Those types of things swirled through my head. Turns out giving myself 20- 30 minutes a day to reflect on the daily prompt was a creative, healing time - albeit not always easy emotionally. I'm glad I did it. I learned a lot about myself. I don't wish Grief upon anyone, but if you do find yourself there... Yeah. I can recommend doing this!
Here's one more piece:
"I fell asleep on the couch just after we had that long conversation about our future. I told you that I would never leave you. A door opened and I found myself crossing a threshold. I hesitated maybe for a moment, but I knew I could keep my promise from the other side of that door. I knew you would be lonely, but I also knew it was the right time for me to walk through that door. My journey had come to an end, yet I felt you would be okay as I was leaving a part of me behind.
There's a different sense of time on this side of the door. People come up from their lives and people go down to their lives. Nu and I met here for a while. I enjoyed spending time with her. I know that life is often sad and difficult for you. I know I brought some happiness to your life. I'm sorry it was short-lived. I want you to know that I enjoyed spending the last year of my life with you. As I wrote in that April letter, there are so many things I admire about you. I knew this spunky lil' soul would keep on working some of that magic. I know that it's hard for you to be alone, but I also know that you have a deep intuition and that you know certain things just aren't meant for our lives.
Enjoy our girl. I couldn't have left a bigger part of me..."
3 comments:
Heartfelt poignant post.
xxx
Amen :)
No words...Oh your grief and love in words on pages gets me...gets me right in the heart...x
Post a Comment