The "love" series continued...This is one of my favorite memories from when Brent visited.
One evening we were all playing a board game together. Nathan went to the kitchen to get a drink, turned on the light, there was a noise, then he exclaimed, "I just saw a rodent run by." The noise persisted, so I decided to get a mousetrap the next day which Brent & the boys set-up. Then nothing.
A day or so later my love asked me to take him & the boys to the pet store to get a treat for our bunny. (He had previously [jokingly] suggested we should feast on the pet bunny as an Easter roast, so this was a nice gesture of kindness towards the bunny in my opinion...) I took them to the pet store. I myself had to run an errand next door. The bunny got a wonderful bowl of bunny treats. So far, so good.
That evening - as I was snuggling up in bed with Brent - all of a sudden I heard a mousetrappish kind of noise. The boys went to check it out, then screamed that the mouse had gotten trapped & came running into the bedroom with the trap (& mouse inside the trap), dropping it into the bed.
I screamed a girly scream of horror.
All three of them laughed. It was a toy mouse! The bunny treat had been their "decoy" to get a ride to the pet store.
Brent said it was "male bonding." - What weirdos! :-)
P.S. The real mouse has yet to be caught. I was sure there were mouse/rat droppings in the kitchen today, but it turned out to be two pieces of coffee beans.
No comments:
Post a Comment