
... the night before Christmas, when all through the houseNot a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there.
Clement Clarke Moore
Okay, it's a bit early for that, but the sheer beauty of these colors brightened my day this morning. I had been working on these off an on since June! We've never had Christmas stockings before, so I had this idea of a rainbow of Christmas stockings. I finished the orange one last night, so they are all done now. They have an eyelet row in the top & I'm still hoping to add silk ribbons for an extra touch. Santa better not put coal in these beauties! Aren't the colors just so amazing? Yeap, it's that lovely Malabrigo kettle dyed stuff! I finished each one of them with only yards of yarn to spare. I have one more skein & I can't decide what to make with it. Another stocking, mittens or a hat to gift someone with? Hmmm.
10 comments:
oh my! what a feast for the eyes
These stockings are just lovely!
Beautiful colours...:)
I love the orange one.
These are beautiful.I may have to finish our stockings...on the sewing machine. I don't know if I could stick to knitting them....too many other things in my Ravelry queue...oops...looks like chance forgot to log out ...this is angie :)
Those are yummy looking socks!
Okay 6th grade paiting....what are they learning here.....ROMANS!!!!! star gazing....rocks and crystals (I think the blue purple crystal idea......intro to more detail, layers and letting the painting dry to come back to it later or for a second coat or even mixed mediums. wet on wet with chalk pestels or pencils
ps
I'll do some painting and post them...but what is the block you are teaching? is just art or do you have a subject?
Love them!!
Gorgeous stockings!! I love Malabrigo
Cadi, these are so beautiful! I hope that the colours lift your heart each time you look at them.
Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments. :-)
Post a Comment