Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Head, Heart-N-Hands Thursday

I'm trying to find a balance between personal stories, craftiness & Waldorf-education related posts on this blog. I've come to love the idea of "WIP Wednesday," although Wednesday often passes me by. I'm going to start "Head, Heart-N-Hands Thursday," hoping to post impressions of bookwork across the grades as well as samples of practical work, recitations & songs. - It is never intended as something to be copied, but I know many take inspiration from it & I have often found such a peek into the classroom a helpful thing for the growth of my own ideas.

Below are some impressions of 2nd grade bookwork. They are of Saint Gall, or Caillech - his Irish name. They were essentially free drawings, although the children did receive some guidelines as to what should be in the picture. You can see the wide spectrum of the work 2nd graders do. Most importantly they loved the story and they were really into doing the bookwork!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Such lovely work :)

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

I love your idea! I will look forward to Thursday posts!

Tia said...

Great work ! From Tia (Scoil Dai) in Ireland ! Please feel free to visit/follow our Homeschool blogs:
ScoilDai.Blogspot.com
and
TiasTime.Blogspot.com
really lovley drawings , well well done :)