Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

So...

... the amazing kiwi-dude traveled 34 hours just to come see me. Awww, huh? ♥ Here I am eating chocolate fish & reading Cuisine ("The Perfect Kiwi Christmas") & NZ House & Garden (Christmas Special) while he recovers from the trip halfway around the world (including a "detour" via Australia). Never thought that would still happen, but here I am. - And those magazines. I've always loved the Christmas editions of home & cooking type magazines. I have a stash of them. Nostalgia. Idyllic Christmas. Snow & sleighs. Cookies. Okay, I'll stop now.

We were lucky to have an invite to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving, so I got to be lazy on Turkey Day. They just moved to Virginia from Tennessee & I feel so blessed to have family not-quite-an-hour-drive away. The boys enjoyed hanging out with the "cousins", playing football, being boys.

We're not vegetarians, although we do eat very little meat. Anyhoo. Today I'm preparing a nice Sunday dinner for us - in the spirit of Thanksgiving so to speak. We'll have a petite baked ham with a simple maple & orange glaze, Sausage, Apple & Cranberry Stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes & gravy, and a salad of winter greens. For dessert, we'll have some baked apples & fresh whipped cream or something like that.

I'm also gearing up for a cookie exchange next weekend. We'll be baking Thumbprint Cookies, or Thumbprint Cookies, or maybe Thumbprint Cookies? I can't decide on a recipe.

Enjoy the first Sunday of Advent!

4 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

Fingers crossed for you, Cadi!

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

I hope you had a wonderful day!

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

ummmmmm...34 hours???? that's passion, darlin'! How cool for you to be warmed by it this season. Blessings!

nzpilotnz said...

very delightful I must say