Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Week In Pictures (Ehmmm... I Guess Not!)


This picture could serve as a symbol for the events of the week. It just fell over on the counter and broke in half - seemingly out of nowhere. How strange. (The plate’s story is here.) It’s been a strange week indeed, but I want to (mostly) focus on the positive aspects... 

Then, as I just tried to upload pictures from a disk as the camera-laptop cord is torn, I realized that the newest ten pictures weren't transferred. I suppose the spirit of the week continues... I can't wait for it to be over.

Without going into a long rant: I can have a lot of empathy for people in a bad situation, but it's fair to say that all compassion ceases when people who don't even know me paint the picture of a moral-less human being and besmirch the character of those who can no longer speak for themselves.   

That being said. On to the good times...

A few months ago a New Zealand inspired eatery opened up in town. It’s called Burger Bach. They serve burgers made with New Zealand grass-fed beef and lamb. We hardly ever eat out, but Noah and Nathan had earned some money this summer and wanted to treat me to dinner there. Of course, I wasn’t going to stop them. It was lovely. Noah and I had a delicious “North Island” lamb burger with Tzatziki sauce. Nathan decided to have a “Kiwi Chick,” although he wished the burger had a more “manly” name. I enjoyed my glass of NZ wine as well.

We sat outside. It was a perfect spot for Nuriel as I was able to “corner her in,” so I didn’t have a runaway toddler to deal with. Nuriel is wearing a head-kerchief I made for her using some yarn I had left over from making…

[INSERT IMAGINARY PICTURE HERE]

… a shawl for Viv, which is a Traveling Woman in a Malabrigo Sock. Thank you for your patience, Viv. Sometimes I think it would be so lovely if all my favorite blogging people lived in one village rather than spread out across the globe. Alas. 

[INSERT IMAGINARY PICTURE HERE]

I want to knit more again. I have a Hine on the needles that will be a gift for a lovely family who just welcomed a baby girl. Nuriel will be two in less than a month! She’s started using the potty at home. Her vocabulary is increasing. I can understand her, but it can be hard for others. I’m a bit worried about that, but hopefully it will remedy itself.

She still loves playing in her lil’ kitchen...

 
Noah and Nathan no longer like it when I post pictures of them or share their adventures. I feel like I need to say that now and then. I would hate for people to get the impression that I only blog about the girl. As we still don't have internet at home, they have been fabulous about watching Nuriel while I step out for a bit to use the internet-service at the library.

2 comments:

Murielle said...

Good to see 'aroha' is still intact though....a message there surely? Burger Bach sounds great. An authentic Kiwi lamb-burger must have a slice of beetroot of course!

Cadi said...

Aroha intact. Ha. Surely you are more of an optimist than I am. :-)