Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Third snow-day in a row. The boys are at a friend's house. I should be doing laundry or scrubbing the toilet, but here I am attempting a rather normal crafty blog post.

I'm literally three rows from completing this lace shawl for Lottie. I'm at about 300+ stitches now, so a row takes a bit. It is way late, but Lottie has been so patient & I guess not really needing a wool shawl 'cause it's summer where she is. I will need to show you sometime what she sent me in this swap of ours, but if you go to her blog & look at the quilt in the header-background, you'll get an idea. This lady might think she's slightly mad, but I just think she's way talented! :-) Of course the shawl will look much better once it's blocked. I'm using Evelyn Clark's Leaf Lace Shawl by Fiber Trends & O~Wool in Robin's Egg. I hope Lottie will like it.


These socks have been on my needles forever. I'm on the second one now, but not making much progress. I started them when Brent & I drove down to Savannah, GA for Christmas at my Mom's. I loved knitting while Brent drove. He was very good about staying on the "right" side of the road. I got the yarn in a swap, so I'm not sure what it is, although I know it's a superwash Merino. I'm using the free Menehune Cobblestones pattern.

This was just another Milo. It's such a quick knit. I used Malabrigo Merino in Deja Vu.

1 comment:

Charlotte Scott said...

Scrubbing toilets is SOOOO overrated ;)

Your knitting is gorgeous, so luchious (how the heck do you spell that?). It's amazing how even socks can hold such memories....