Another snow-day. It was called after I had already gotten dressed & the car was warming up, so I didn't have an opportunity to be in bed & be miserable all day. This was the 5th snow-day in the last eight school days. I must say that I welcome any snow-day or snow-delay these days. Makes for a slower day. We had a nice breakfast. Decaf mocha, hot chocolate & bacon-egg-cheese sandwiches. Yes, I've switched to decaf & it's a special treat when I have it. I went almost cold turkey on the caffeine. For a good reason, but more on that some other time.
Nathan baked a very tasty apple-walnut cake. The beans are simmering. The boys have requested Taco soup with sour cream, cheese & black bean chips for dinner. I think that this is the first time since "it" happened that I'm actually cooking dinner. Other than that, lots of knitting today. I have this awesome O~Wool Balance Amber yarn. I have started three projects with it, but always ended up frogging them. I just can't seem to figure out what it wants to be. The phlegmatic in me is thinking it'll be maybe another Milo. The vests are just so lovely. Knitting has certainly been therapeutic in the midst of it all.
Valentine's Day was everywhere in the store today. That was hard. Last year Brent gave me a lil' picture album he had made. It has a Koru symbol on the front. I also purchased a lil' Koru tile when I visited New Zealand & Brent gave me a larger Koru tile that had special meaning as a gift. The lil' card that came with it says that Koru, the traditional fern frond, is the symbol of new growth, new life, and the beginning of something new. It can also represent peace and tranquility as it is experienced in the native New Zealand bush. Brent hated me being miserable. I know he would not want me to be miserable, but I just can't quite get myself there yet...
Nathan baked a very tasty apple-walnut cake. The beans are simmering. The boys have requested Taco soup with sour cream, cheese & black bean chips for dinner. I think that this is the first time since "it" happened that I'm actually cooking dinner. Other than that, lots of knitting today. I have this awesome O~Wool Balance Amber yarn. I have started three projects with it, but always ended up frogging them. I just can't seem to figure out what it wants to be. The phlegmatic in me is thinking it'll be maybe another Milo. The vests are just so lovely. Knitting has certainly been therapeutic in the midst of it all.
Valentine's Day was everywhere in the store today. That was hard. Last year Brent gave me a lil' picture album he had made. It has a Koru symbol on the front. I also purchased a lil' Koru tile when I visited New Zealand & Brent gave me a larger Koru tile that had special meaning as a gift. The lil' card that came with it says that Koru, the traditional fern frond, is the symbol of new growth, new life, and the beginning of something new. It can also represent peace and tranquility as it is experienced in the native New Zealand bush. Brent hated me being miserable. I know he would not want me to be miserable, but I just can't quite get myself there yet...
1 comment:
I take that back. I didn't fix dinner. I cooked the beans. Nathan did the rest. :-)
Post a Comment