Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

We spent the afternoon with my cousin. They live in Williamsburg, just about a mile from the historic Jamestown settlement. Brent, the children, and I visited my cousin, and a week later the settlement, just a few weeks ago, back in December. Many memories. Sigh.

Today we had a picnic at a beautiful lil' place by the James River. Pizza. Fruit tart. Chips & homemade guacamole. Yum. Noah & Nathan - along with my cousin's two boys - played football with my cousin's hubby. They had so much fun. It was cool & windy, but it was so good to breathe fresh air.

What an amazing sun it was in the heavens today. I have found myself looking up at the sun a lot lately. Nuriel, the angel from Hebrew mythology, comes to mind, his name meaning, "fire of the Lord." The element fire - Destructive & bearer of light at the same time. What polarities.

I had to smile when I uploaded this picture. Brent always joked that I had a "finesse" for photographing the rear end of members of the animal kingdom. Lots of pictures of sheep bums when I visited New Zealand. Voila! More bums. I'm so talented. Ha.

Noah. Afro-boy. Looks a bit skeptical here, but had an awesome time.

Nate. Mohawk-boy. So nice to see him smiling again. Indeed. Knock on wood...

The picnic spot. The James River is pretty wide here, just before making its way into the Atlantic Ocean.

Another view. So beautiful.

But always the reminder of death. Life is so fragile.

4 comments:

Lizz said...

Beautiful shots.

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

glad to see you're out and about!

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

wow, your photographs are so beautiful...I can't believe how big your boys are!!!!
They are still cute :)

Charlotte Scott said...

They are lovely photos.