Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Women Drivers!

Thursday is my "long day" at work. We usually end up ordering pizza or eating out, so today the boys and I went to a small, local organic place and had sandwiches for dinner. Driving home requires driving down a two-lane one-way street. It was rather busy. The car in front of me stopped & signaled. It was obvious that the person was going to (attempt to) parallel park. Since the other lane was busy, I decided to just wait in the lane I was in. I could already tell that the parallel park maneuver wasn't going well from how the car was positioned. I thought for sure she'd drive back out & keep going, but no! She kept backing up & backing up & backing up until... Bang! She hit the SUV behind her and the SUV started shaking and the alarm went off. Then she straightened out her car as if nothing had happened! I was shocked, but I was cracking up at the same time, 'cause in my head I heard Brent say, "Women drivers," and I thought, "Yeap. I'm not gonna argue with you about that one this time, my love!"

3 comments:

Lizz said...

Hey lovely~

I'm thinking about you and sending my love. Yay for snow days! Warmth and love surrounding you all. Bless~

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

Cadi~you've been on my mind. Hoping for brighter days for you, your boys and that sweet little one you're growing.

paula said...

After I read your post in the Itsy Swap group in Ravelry, I decided I needed to read your blog. Your words tugged so much at my heart I had to write about them and my own reactions in my blog.

Today, an anonymous comment was left as to what happened, was it three weeks ago?

My heart is bleeding so much for you. I know there is nothing I can say to make any of the pain go away. Just remember there are a lot of people out here who love you and want you to take care of yourself the best you can right now.