Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

A Shawl For A Quilt

It is finally a-blocking! I was going to use the fancy equipment at the local yarn store, but then we had another snowstorm & I never got another blocking spot thereafter, so I'm doing the good-ole bed-blocking (with a fresh sheet, no worries). I'm mailing it at the post office in the morning. I love this Robin's Egg O~Wool. I think a Paua brooch would look very nice with it. It measured up to be 66" (180 cm) long and the triangle comes down 25" (63 cm). - A pretty nice size. And here's the pretty rainbow quilt Lottie sent me in exchange months ago. Isn't it amazing? You can find her blog at The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady.

What fancy quilting! I feel so blessed to have received such a treasure. (You can click on the lil' images to enlarge them.)

6 comments:

Tia said...

Oh what GORGEOUS quilts !!! I have promised myself faithfully if I ever get back to the USA I am buying a quilt for our bedroom !!! They are true works of art ! And the shawl is glorious !

Cadi said...

Tia - Lottie is quilting in New Zealand. :-)

Anonymous said...

I always thought I could knit but yours is just mind-blowing....SO BEAUTIFUL
sue in NZ

Cadi said...

Thank you, Sue. :-)

Linda said...

Hi Cadi,
It was lovely to hear from you:) Your shawl is AMAZING! And the quilt is lovely.
Warmly
Linda

Lizz said...

Your shawls have been so totally amazing! I hope someday to have the time for such knitting, the kind where you have to concentrate. lol Glad for your HAPPY!! And that quilt is quite lovely as well.

Bless~