Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WIP Wednesday

This was sort of the trial version of Lottie's Paua Shawl. I used a lace-weight Merino & size US 1 needles and made a doll shawl to give to a friend's daughter for her 8th birthday. It fits a 16" Waldorf doll. I finally blocked it last night.
I'm also working on the Wonderful Wallaby (Ravelry link) for Nathan, using Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece. A big project (1720 yards of yarn!) for someone used to knitting hats, mittens & shawls, but a simple knit. I went a bit crazy in the yarn store the other day, so lots of WIPs lining up for the weeks to come.

5 comments:

Tia said...

Ohhhh HOW gorgeous is that ??? WOW well done !

Charlotte Scott said...

That's one lucky doll!

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

So pretty, and so much fancier than anything I could imagine making.
I think of you often, I'm very slow in blog world lately. Hope you have some nice peaceful knitting moments. xo

Lacey (schoolhousefarm) said...

gorgeous! I'm going to share this with my MIL. My daughter's dollies could use one...

Shanna said...

Very pretty!