So, I'm house-shopping. Well, sorta. I have to move out of this rental house at the end of May. At first I was thinking about renting again. Then my cousin, aka the awesome real estate agent, suggested I should consider buying. Hmmm. It does make sense. My mortgage payment would be way less than my rent. A place to call my own. A garden, a step towards self-sufficiency.
I hesitated.
And procrastinated.
And more of that.
I really didn't think I would qualify for a loan that would allow me to buy more than a shed. The bank thinks otherwise. I've been approved for an amount above my wildest imagination, but I'm not going to go crazy. I want an affordable mortgage payment. Affordable in my book, not what the bank thinks I can afford.
I still don't know if I will end up buying or renting, but for now I'm house-shopping. Window-house-shopping so to speak.
My awesome real estate agent sent me a few listings.
I opened the first one & there it was!
Awesome, huh?
Unbelievable, I tell ya!
MY DREAM HOUSE, folks!
Yeah, a newly renovated 4BR 1920s-style two-story bungalow with fireplace & wood floors throughout. Amazing kitchen. And a good-sized yard for a big garden with enough room to join the "chicken underground." Yes, chicken underground. It's against the rules to have chickens in the city limits, but some people do it anyways... The Richmond chicken underground.
The price of the house? Just amazing!
I was going to be my awesome real estate agent's easiest client yet!
I was so excited.
Well, we decided to take a drive to check it out. I'm not so familiar with the north side, you know, but I was willing to make the 20-minutes drive for that awesome dream house of mine.
And yes. There it was! My dream house. The villa of the street sparkling in a coat of fresh, white paint. So neat & tidy... in the midst of boarded up ruins, with people trading lil' packages in the street & a pit-bull-breeding neighbor.
Sigh. Big sigh.
It just had to be too good to be true, huh?
I hesitated.
And procrastinated.
And more of that.
I really didn't think I would qualify for a loan that would allow me to buy more than a shed. The bank thinks otherwise. I've been approved for an amount above my wildest imagination, but I'm not going to go crazy. I want an affordable mortgage payment. Affordable in my book, not what the bank thinks I can afford.
I still don't know if I will end up buying or renting, but for now I'm house-shopping. Window-house-shopping so to speak.
My awesome real estate agent sent me a few listings.
I opened the first one & there it was!
Awesome, huh?
Unbelievable, I tell ya!
MY DREAM HOUSE, folks!
Yeah, a newly renovated 4BR 1920s-style two-story bungalow with fireplace & wood floors throughout. Amazing kitchen. And a good-sized yard for a big garden with enough room to join the "chicken underground." Yes, chicken underground. It's against the rules to have chickens in the city limits, but some people do it anyways... The Richmond chicken underground.
The price of the house? Just amazing!
I was going to be my awesome real estate agent's easiest client yet!
I was so excited.
Well, we decided to take a drive to check it out. I'm not so familiar with the north side, you know, but I was willing to make the 20-minutes drive for that awesome dream house of mine.
And yes. There it was! My dream house. The villa of the street sparkling in a coat of fresh, white paint. So neat & tidy... in the midst of boarded up ruins, with people trading lil' packages in the street & a pit-bull-breeding neighbor.
Sigh. Big sigh.
It just had to be too good to be true, huh?
4 comments:
Oh.. for a moment there I was so excited for you.. You can still find what you're looking for though!
xo Renee
Hello, I have been in your shoes, I covet a house in the bad part of town surrounded by scariness...sigh it is a let down isn't it!
Well, I found you through....I forgot...but I love coffe, I do not crochet, but I appreciate it and loved everything my mother made for me and I am also serching for Nirvana..
and I belong to the chicken underground....shhhhh!
Oh Cadi! Maybe the neighbourhood will improve??
I have often heard that real estate is one of the best investments you can make.
I hope deciding what works best for you and the kiddos is smooth.
I'm thinking of you, my friend.
xoxox
A case of "best house in worst street". Darn. But keep looking, a place to call your own is a wonderful thing.
Post a Comment