Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Handmade Holiday

I'm going to join Tonya over at Plain & Joyful Living in " A Handmade Holiday" - well, sort of. We're keeping things simple, yet not entirely handmade. Noah has been wishing for a wooden chess set. Ideally, I will find a used one "with good vibes" - super-ideally it'll be paid for with a barter situation of some sort. Nathan has been wishing for some art equipment & I will fulfill one of his wishes.

For the handmade portion I'm envisioning a handknit New York Giants hat for Noah & a Chicago Bears one for Nathan. Nuri will get a knitted sheep. Must get her collection going. A half-kiwi-girl needs some sheep! Yes, that's only three projects, but it's all I can handle for now. "A Simple Holiday" is probably more accurate than "A Handmade Holiday."

I'm not finding much time to blog, which is fine. Nuri doesn't nap much during the day, but sleeps *a lot* at night. Works for me. I love spending time with my girl while the boys are at school.

And my camera is PMS-ing again. No pictures 'til it's had some chocolate...

3 comments:

paula said...

I Love Handmade Holidays. I have been making Cheese and Hamburger Sausages for people for years. Then I added a friends MIL's Scrabble (her version of Chex Mix) to the list. After one Christmas, my in-laws here in NY are addicted to the scrabble . . . I tell them they only keep me around for this Christmas treat!

Must check out Tonya's blog . . I could get motivated more than I am :0}

Hug all three of your "beans" for me.

\0/ paula

emerson-j said...

my jesse hardly slept thru the day at nuriels age either. sometimes used to drive me batty, but at least they sleep at night. yay i can get on ur page, i couldnt read ur last post for some reason...and i needed a cadi fix!

Charlotte Scott said...

I need to get a into g if I'm going to have a handmade holiday! I'm having enough trouble having a handmade birthday for the boy. Better get back to it.
PS that plum something looks delish!