Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Meet Greengirl

I finished something! Yay. Green is my favorite color & the color certainly suits my melancholic temperament as well. I bought this yarn last summer. Swans Island Certified Organic Merino - dyed naturally. Luxury! I was going to knit this shawl (and then 4 more shawls to meet the 10 in 2010 goal) during my maternity leave, but that never happened. So, here it is. I'm so glad I finished something!
80" (200cm - 2m, baby!) from tip to tip. 25" (63 cm) from neck to bottom tip. Fiercely blocked.

I'm loving the lace!

I usually give shawls away, but this one is for me!

7 comments:

Ericasue said...

This is really beautiful!

paula said...

it looks so light and airy.

Anonymous said...

that is just gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

you are so clever!
angela-earthmama

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work! And Nuriel is such a cutie in your last posts.

Ms Lottie

kate said...

Gorgeous! I'm a lurker but that shawl has drawn me out into the open (I am obsessed with knitting lace shawls right now). So glad you have your knitting to help you through the tough times!

Regina said...

Wunderschön geworden ist Dein Ikarus und ich finde es gut, dass Du ihn für Dich behältst. Ein so feines Tuch hat etwas Tröstendes an sich - ich hab mir kurz nach dem Tod meines Mannes eins gestrickt und manchmal wenn ichs umlege, ist es ein wenig wie eine Umarmung.