Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Perfect Perfectionism?

For the last ten minutes or so I have been contemplating perfectionism. When I discover a mistake in my knitting, I *always* unravel. It must be perfect!

I'm thinking about abandoning that "philosophy" for just this one project. I'm in row 44 of a rather sophisticated lace pattern & I discovered a minor (or deadly?) mistake in row 10. I worked a k2tog rather than a ssk. It's not really noticeable, but then again I will always know it's there.

I realize that I could get much more accomplished if I would not always be so determined to have things perfect (or as perfect as I can get them).

I could stop blogging about the fact that this is happening & spend the time unraveling & re-knitting.

But, I think I will just let it be with the knowledge that it's the lil' imperfections that make life colorful & interesting.

Perfectionism is over-rated, right? (Is it not?)

Back to knitting now.

No comments: