
I'm looking at vacation pictures & thinking about the great summer (ehmmm winter) I had. I have 300+ pictures, so I'm only sharing a few here. It's just such a nice memory. This is at the beach in Kaikoura. A beautiful destination on the South Island. There's no way a picture can capture how "purty" it all was, but the pictures sure help me remember.

This was a picture taken from the hills. Not terribly far up in the hills, but still in the hills. I remember there were cows grazing - just imagine what happy cows they must be to have an awesome view like this!

I've always been fascinated with fireplaces & wood-stoves. They remind me of when I was little. It would be cold at night in the winter, but in the morning in the kitchen where the wood-stove had been lit, it was always warm & cozy. Just imagine sitting by the beach at night by the fire.

Seals. Yes. This was not a zoo or a wildlife reserve. Just seals at home on this beautiful stretch of beach.

This is how close I got to... these birds :-) before they took off. Ahhh. Lovely memories.
2 comments:
Hi, just stumbled on your blog through Red Dirt Mama - nice to see such beautiful pics of my homeland! They are known as shags (!) or comerants in other countries.
Here's hoping you are able to come back one day.
Thanks for naming the birds & glad you like the pictures. :-)
Post a Comment