Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Tataa! A Giveaway.

I'm working on knitting somethin' special for a "baby naming giveaway," but over the past few days I have been the receiver of a giveaway treasure, I have read about how winning a giveaway has made someone's day & I have read blogs where very generous people are having a variety of giveaways, so I'm gonna have a spontaneous giveaway right here & right now.

I'm giving away this Peony Pilot. It was created from luxurious Koigu Merino. It's a newborn - 3 months size. If you are not expecting a wee lil' one, then you can always have it as a future gift to give to someone who is having a wee lil' one, or you can just get pregnant. :-)

You can get up to three entries. With each entry, please leave me a clear contact info, such as your e-mail or blog URL.

(1) Leave a comment.

(2) Follow this blog and leave a comment letting me know that you are a follower.

(3) Blog about this giveaway & leave a comment with the blog URL to your post.

I will generate a winner through random.org or my children will draw a name out of a hat - not sure which yet. You can enter through Monday, June 14th, midnight (your time zone). Have fun!

P.S. World-wide, of course.

33 comments:

Ashley said...

awe its so cute!! I do have a few showers coming up, or I may just hold onto it for the future =D You never know!

Ashley said...

I'm a follower - thanks for the chance at winning this beauty!

paula said...

Looking for names that have meaning . . and searching for ones whose meaning wold be extra special to this soon to be born Baby N.

So, here goes . . . I am including the info I found with them so you will know why I picked them . . PLUS, they must sound good with Noah and Nathan. . .


Nadia . . hopeful (French/Slavic)

Naeco . . . Ocean spelled backward

Nava . . (Hebrew) beautiful; pleasant

Naysa . . Miracle of God

Nealon . . . Chief, champion (aern't Maori's from New Zealand?)

Neylan . . . (Turkish) promise fulfilled; fulfilled wish

Nika . . . (Greek) Victory; (Russian) belonging to God; (Yoruba) ferocious

Nirel . . .(Hebrew) light of God

Nori . . . belief

http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/baby-names-n.htm

I can see I am going to be on a quest now.

:0} "auntie" paula

Kimmie said...

Gorgeous bubba hat

Ok I have done all 3

Here is the link

http://theserendipitycafe.blogspot.com/2010/06/cadis-giveaway.html

Hugs

Kimmie
x

paula said...

http://confessionsofacrochetpatternslut.blogspot.com/2010/06/givaway.html

You've been "blogged."

Is that anything like "You've been punked"?

:0} paula

TwigandToadstool said...

Would love to enter...come over to the Toadstool and enter our rainbow gnome giveaway!!!! (must be something in the air, we're all givin' stuff away)!!!!
xo maureen

http://www.twigandtoadstool.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Hi Cadi! I have been meaning to sign up and start following your blog! Thanks for the lovely comments you have been leaving on mine! Gorgeous little hat - did you make it? As you know, I am having a little girl, so it would be perfect :o)

Cadi said...

Auntie Paula - I will have the name giveaway as soon as I'm done knitting, hopefully in about a week or two. One of your guesses is pretty close... ;-) (I bet that will drive you crazy now. lol)

softearthart said...

This is just lovely, cheers Marie

momma rae said...

sweet cadi, your pilot caps are SO darn adorable. i would truly have delighted in seeing one of them on my sweet cherubs' heads. i'm afraid i am going to resist the urge to impregnate to make this happen though. ;) i do have several friends with baby's in the belly and i would also delight in gifting such a stunning gift to them. thanks for the opportunity! ;)

momma rae said...

so, i don't follow blogs just for entries, i swear. only if i truly love the blog. i am so surprised that i was not already following you! i usually just revert to my blog roll and you are there and i don't miss a post. ;) i am following you know though.....

momma rae said...

i added your giveaway and twig and toadstools to the updated giveaway love post. thanks for catching the fever! this is fun!

Anonymous said...

We have a new niece or nephew coming this summer and this beautiful hat would make a great gift.
Thanks, Kate

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

i want it! i want it! i want it! Actually, i need one a little bigger for my Ella for windy days. Did you know it's virtually impossible to find a bonnet-type hat like this that goes over the ears but isn't wintery-warm?! Just e-mail me where you want me to send some moola and how much and I'll get it out in the mail today!!!

Renna said...

The cap is darling. My baby-making days are over, and it looks like it will be awhile before my (grown) kids are going to bless me with grandkids. I do, however, have an upcoming baby shower to attend next month for the wife of my hubby's nephew. I'd love to bless her with that sweet little cap.

Renna said...

PS-I am a follower of your sweet blog. :-)

Blue Skies & Dragonflies said...

the hat is amazing! i love the colors & your stitches are perfect. we recently had our first baby girl, after 3 boys! :) i say recently, but she is now 14 months old...at first i admit that i was a bit turned off by all the pink that was slowly making its way in our house. and still we try to go a bit more neutral for the most part, or rainbow! but one of my favorite colors is magenta & she looks amainzg in it. sorry...not where i was going with that. she has changed me...to say the least. i have only just deiscovered your blog, but i see that we have much in common. i look forward to getting to know your more.

just from reading your profile, well my heart goes out to you i both sympathy & strenth for the days & months to come. is there anything you need...do you have family close by??

blessings unto your sweet family...warmly, jessi

Blue Skies & Dragonflies said...

i am now aslo a follower, not for the giveaway either...for the knitting patterns!

(only kidding! ;)

happy day, love!

onegoldensun said...

Beautiful! I have a friend who would love this sweet little cap. Such a nice color, and so thoughtful to offer a giveaway.

W-S Wanderings said...

Oh, so very beautiful. I love your knit creations!

http://wabisabiwanderings.blogspot.com/

kim said...

just found your blog through mornigsunrae....i have 2 boys too!

kim said...

i'm following you!

amy friend said...

It's beautiful!

Charlotte Scott said...

I forgot to say I left you an award - but I see you already found it! Don't worry about doing all the stuff if you don't want 'cause I know you're kinda busy, but just know that I think your blog is beautiful in all ways. PS I'm decidedly NOT pregnant and my wee one's head is way to big for the hat, and, for once, I don't know anybody with baby girls. So leave me out of the draw and good luck to everyone else. (And you know I follow you!!)

Amy said...

This hat is soooo cute. I have the perfect newborn for it.

Amy said...

I am following your blog. Thanks!

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

I already follow and I would love a sweet cap! We've had a rash of babies here in our neck of the woods.(not me, of course!)

Ashley said...

I blogged about it too.

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

I wish I could knit like that. Maybe someday I will give it a try. I would like to enter for the hat. I want to win it for my daughter.
Kelly

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

I'm now a follower too. so enter me again.

Heart Felt said...

Beautiful colour and I love the design. Gorgeous. x

MooBear Designs said...

This has my daughters name all over it. I was searching for bonnet images and instead found your giveaway... My Bubble maybe heading to hospital for surgery and i wanted to make her a bonnet but this would be so much nicer...

Xo Steph

MooBear Designs said...

Following you along too!!! YAY...

Xo Steph