Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stories & Felting

Last year I did a Felt A Story summer camp offering at our school. It was quite successful, so I was asked to do it again this year. I said, "Yes." But, what was I thinking? My narrative reports are due on Friday. My children are still in town. I signed up for this back in December, before pregnancy, before Brent's death, before house-hunting... So while I had envisioned some fancy thing, I'm keeping things simple again this year. I think a morning filled with free-play, a story, a craft project & a healthy snack is a fancy enough summer adventure. Here's the plan:

Monday & Tuesday
~ Felting caterpillars & butterflies.

Wednesday
~ Painting wet-on-wet watercolor.
The painting will be transformed into a moving picture.

Thursday & Friday
~ Felting a ladybug & dyeing silks/sewing treasure pouches.

I promise you an update with pictures. I have my camera, but the cable that is needed to connect it to the laptop is missing in the midst of all this relocation chaos. We're house-sitting for a colleague. Finest Richmond Fan location. I've vowed to force my children (and myself) to walk down Monument Avenue this afternoon. 95F/35C is what's in the forecast. I don't think we'll be taking jackets.

4 comments:

softearthart said...

What a busy chicken you will be. love and light Marie

paula said...

Love the green/yellow background . . so fresh and summery. Just like a new coat of paint on your blog.

:0} paula

Cadi said...

Paula,

I don't have a house to paint, I might as well at least take care of the blog background. :-) Starting small...

busygnomes said...

well, i don't know where I've been, but I've only just realised your pregnant, well you could bowl me over right now!
I have this flood of emotions for you right now, I can only imagine how you are feeling.
I am so happy for you, your boys and this new little one, that happiness is tinged with sadness though, with all that could have been, and should have been.
I know you would say "it's the way it's mean't to be", but it still feels sad.
I'm sending you much love and light to you and your little one tonight.