Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Meet The Crazy Sane Family

Early evening.

Noah is complaining about the laundry service. He can't find a shirt. Similar to the other night when he couldn't find a pair of clean shorts & I found three in his closet... I tell him he's welcome to do his own laundry if he has a problem with the service I provide. Secretly I hope he will choose that option. It would make my job so much easier! Anyhow. He finds a shirt after all & tells me to feed my attitude to the alligators. (My attitude? Gasp. Yeap. He really said that! Gasp again.)

Nathan is sitting on the exercise ball in the birthing tub & shooting little pellets across the living-room, using a bra of mine as a sling-shot, while reciting a poem of a drunken cowboy who finds himself on a hellbound train. - No! He didn't learn that poem as part of the school curriculum!

Nuriel is screaming. Screaming as in screaming. Her head is fiery red. Her mouth is open so wide & she's so out of it, she doesn't realize that the object of her desire (aka nipple) is already in her mouth! --- I'm (of course, as you can imagine) the calm center of it all. (Yeah, right!)

Do you smell a disaster brewing? I sure did! Because just a few minutes later we were leaving to attend the high school information fair & I really needed Noah to leave a positive impression.

Gasp.

Guess what?

He presented himself as a competent student with social skills & a fine vocabulary. --- Nathan did an excellent job looking like the younger brother who is already interested in his own high school education. --- Nuriel was the sleeping epitome of sweetness.

We are the Sane Family after all. You already knew that, right?

12 comments:

emerson-j said...

brilliant!! im the other way round...calm at home and then out doing important things and it turns to custard ;)

Anonymous said...

teehee sounds pretty normal to me!!!

paula said...

Nothing like a wonderful evening with kids being kids . . . aren't you glad you have raised the boys well so that they behave like boys at home and gentlemen outside of home . . . and just think, you will never have to frost your hair . . . the kids will give you all the gray you will ever need.

\0/ paula

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Lol!!!! Oh My home was once that way....The red headed screaming newborn!
I must say like the other commenter my kids can often be home angels and street devils!

Dan said...

Isn't raising kids a joy? To me it is crazy making, as I never know which direction they, or we, are going. In truth, and maybe you understand this, I tend to expect disaster. This way I can be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't occur.

Glad I was able to amuze you earlier.

One of the pitiful.

Dan

W-S Wanderings said...

Weeeeee! Another one of those stories that I *know*. "...feed my attitude to the alligators" Okay, I'm thinking we have a new expression to introduce to our family vernacular :-)

Restless Prairie Farm said...

I'm afraid we also have to include "feed the attitude to the alligators"...lol. I'm glad things worked out well. I'm also happy that my house isn't the only one that gets crazy.:o)

Rebecca K. said...

LOL!! that's awesome!! I think i might have melted down upon being advised to feed my attitude to the alligators... ROFLOL!

Charlotte Scott said...

Ha ha! I can just imagine it!

Oddiferous said...

OK, I can hear you talking your patient impatient talk. It has a certain I-am-being-very-calm-but-it-will-not-last pentameter. Funny!

Kelly said...

Yeah, I hear you! Crazy then calm and more crazies - I do remind myself that we are sane..

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

awesome. I love normal people.