Today was the last day of my maternity leave. It's back to teaching my lovely 3rd graders tomorrow. And while I love my job & know that Nuriel will be in a home filled with warmth & cared for by a lovely person & that she will only be there for a few hours each day, I can't help but have a heavy heart & some tears this afternoon. I'll miss my spunky girl. This was not what we had planned together the night before he died. Nevertheless, it is what it is & has to be...
Everyday Life Continued...
1 day ago
9 comments:
at the end of the day we have to do what we can to make ends meet... good luck for ur first day back, the beauty about teaching kids is that they always manage to put a smile on your face!
stupid universe requiring there be a plan b.
sending love.
sweet mama, my heart goes out to you. i do wish this country offered more support for mothers to be with their children. on the upside, i'm sure your 3rd graders will be delighted to have you back!!
But, as a neighbor says, "Every morning I wake up knowing that when I get home 'll be able to cuddle with my Gwennie."
Knowing you an Miss Nuri will be cuddling will make your day go so much faster.
\0/ paula
The shortness of the US's maternity leaves seems cruel. May the transition (for all of you) go as smoothly as possible...
I know it won't be easy for you tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you and hoping that it all goes well!
I hope your first day went by ok.
Mel
xx
We all gotta do what we all gotta do!
Your little girl will be there to cuddle you at the end of each day, and in the end its quality time vs how much time, we spend with them that counts.
cyber hugs to get you through that first day.
Here in Canada we get a year off with our babes...even that doesn't seem like "enough" time. I can't imagine what you must be going through...it breaks my heart to think of mamas having to go back to work so soon after having a baby. It's great though that you have someone loving and wonderful to care for your babe...that certainly helps. We all feel for you dear one. Take care of yourself during this transition.
xo maureen
Post a Comment