Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Giveaway

My mind has been blank as to what to create (or offer) for another Giveaway. So, to make it interesting for each & every one to participate, I've decided that "the prize" is going to be individualized for the person who wins. How about that? I'll be doing some blog stalking to find out what you like.

If you don't blog, please tell me a lil' somethin' about yourself in the comment section. Writing, "I love diamond rings," isn't gonna work!

Your task is to guess Lil' Bean's birthweight. The person who gets it right or has the closest guess will be the "winner." The "winner" will be determined at some point after Lil' Bean's birth, depending on my well-being.

To accommodate everyone, you may write your guess in pounds/ounces or in grams. I'll happily do the math on my end. (Did I just say that?) Noah was 8lbs.5ozs.(3770g) at birth, Nathan 8lbs.6ozs.(3810g). However, I'm told that genetics play a role & those are different with Lil' Bean. Guesses over 10 pounds(4530g) will be automatically disqualified. You're mean if you wish that upon me and not worthy of a prize. (Just kidding!)

Your guess is your entry.
Each person just gets one entry with this one.
Have fun!

34 comments:

Gail said...

Oh yay!

Lil'bean will be (and I say this with certainty) 9lbs. 1oz!!

Gail said...

P.S. I'm doing a give-away too!

Renna said...

I'm terrible at this stuff, but here goes:

7 lbs, 15 oz.

Kimmie said...

My Brenton was 8lbs 15oz so as lil bean is due on Brenton's bday I will guess that :]

Anonymous said...

8lb 9ozs is my guess

Anonymous said...

So... I think your baby will weigh 8lbs 4ozs!!
I love your knitting, sooo beautiful. (You did a swap with a friend of mine -a shawl for a quilt!) I knit, (not as good as you!), I sew (not as good as my friend!) but get huge pleasure form both. I enjoy gardening, (but not the digging!) and I have 3 grown-up sons (all gorgeous!), a pretty wonderful husband and I work as a midwife, particularly getting huge satisfaction when women choose to birth at home. :DD

Rhiannon said...

What a fun way to do a giveaway :) I'm guessing 7lbs 9ozs.

Widge said...

I'm going to guess 9lb 4 oz...
I have a Noah too! such a lovely name :)

emerson-j said...

jeepers im terrible at this kinda thing, i rekon kiwi babies are on average are around 8lb, eek know dont u go and have bubs early!! right lil bean will be......9pound on the dot!!

Mrs Knight said...

i was 8lb 7oz so i'll go with that and itl fit in perfect with its elders =) x

Charlotte Scott said...

I'll go 7lb 10oz - but would love to have hands on your belly first!
And Sue in NZ does sew just as good as me - in fact I'd have to say better ;P !

Sleepandhersisters said...

Hmmm I am thinking about 8lb 10oz

Peggy said...

7lb 15oz. So happy you had a wonderful Monday and can't wait to read that you had a wonderful delivery!

Restless Prairie Farm said...

I'm going with 7lbs 6 ounces

Mariette said...

I will weigh in with 9 lbs., 2oz.

Best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy!

Ashley said...

oooh im so bad at these guessing games! I'm going to say 8lbs 7oz. =D

HereWeGoAJen said...

Seven pounds, eight ounces! Smaller than the first ones, but that is what I always guess. And once I was so correct at guessing all the different birth stats that it looked like I had cheated. (I missed by only twelve hours.)

A Life Less Complicated said...

ooh someone has already taken my first guess (7lb 6oz) so I'll take 7lb 7oz - Kiwi babies aren't that big. I was Mum's biggest at 6lb 10oz and my sister was the smallest at 5lb 13oz (that's both Kiwi parents) Elijah was 8lb 6oz - big for me but his Dad was an 11 pounder (Pakistani) - midwife guessed 3850gms as Elijah's weight before he was born and he was bang on that!
I forgot to email you - thank you for the choccies. They had melted and rearranged themselves into another form but they still tasted wonderful! They arrived two days ago - pretty quick postage for a change!

Oddiferous said...

I vote 8.5 lbs and gorgeous. When he's gorgeous do I get a prize? ;)

Cadi said...

No, Mindi, you don't. We know he'll be cute.
Ugly parents always make cute kids. ;-)

Bending Birches said...

I am loving your blog! I am training to be a waldorf teacher, so your site is a great inspiration to me!!! Let me congratulate you early on the beautiful birth of your baby:) how exciting!!!!! My guess is 7 lbs 11 oz. You will be in my thoughts! Hugs to you!

Anne said...

Quick easy labour and 8lb8oz bub. Hows that sound....:)not to big?

My friend had her baby over 2 weeks ago she was due the same time as you. Her Mum had to change her flight from America luckly she got out here with in 2 days. She had a little boy.

Rebecca K. said...

how about 8 lbs, 14 oz, since both of my girlies' weights have already been guessed, and i'm makign the assumption that you are most likely going to have a girl, and girls tend to be lighter, or i would have guessed in the 9s, but that also weights tend to go up, though the kiwi factor is in place, so i'm probably wrong. but i'll stand by my first guess anyway :-)

Arrow said...

8 pounds 7 ounces

wool and walking in The Apennines said...

Your babe will weigh the same as my Lindy did. How about that? 3 kilos and 250 grams!

Unknown said...

I'm guessing at 8lbs on the button!

Anonymous said...

8 pounds 7 ounces :-)

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

8 pounds 2 ounces

W-S Wanderings said...

Oh, I missed this before. Okay, I'm guessing your babe will be 9 lbs. Laughed at the 10 lb disqualification :-)

softearthart said...

Wishing you all the light and my love,
I think the weight might be 7lbs 7 oz love Marie

Jenny said...

I am going to guess 7lbs 3oz because that's what my little girl was :o) I know that's on the smaller side but who knows!?

momma rae said...

thanks for the reminder, i hadn't guessed yet. ;) i say 8 lbs 4 oz. i didn't check to see if anyone else has guessed the same.

Anonymous said...

Blessings on your birth! I love your blog and have read it since I had my 2nd bb, about 2 years. I will guess 7lb13oz. Congratulations!

Stella said...

oooh, I didn't realise this was happening! Okay, I'm guessing 9lbs 3 oz. I did a little check and I don't think anyone has that yet! Good luck with the birth - can't wait to hear the exciting news! xx