Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WIP Wednesday

This blanket is inspired by two blogs I like to read.

Sharon over at down---to---earth inspires her readers to keep it simple, homemade & to use what you've got. I love her wisdom. I had lots of this pretty Robin's Egg O~Wool left, but in varying dye-lots. I've finally decided to unravel this project, too. I just didn't "get" the pattern anymore once I got to the sleeves & the baby it was intended for is almost one year old in the meantime. The perfectionist in me wanted to go and splurge on oodles of "matching" fancy yarn. However, I don't think the baby will one day need to see a therapist because his baby blanket was created from different dye-lots. I decided to use the remainder of the O~Wool I have for the center & I will use variegated sock-yarn leftovers for a colorful border if the O~Wool doesn't create a good size.

Franklin over at The Panopticon has created some stunning baby shawls, like this one or this one. And y'all know I like me some lace-knitting. :-) He calls them baby shawls because they are not the kind of blankets you wanna see dragged around on the floor. I'm a lace-pattern-designer-wannabe - emphasis on wannabe... For now I'm happy modifying the designs of others. For this blanket ('cause dragging it around on the floor is gonna be okay with me) I chose a simple fir cone lace pattern & I'm knitting it in the round from the inside out.

The beginnings of "Lil' Boy Blue"

I also wasn't gonna let another Wednesday pass without some progress on Nathan's Wonderful Wallaby, "Fisherboy." Sleeve #2 is almost done! Yay! He will be going on a camping-type trip in September & I hope to have it finished by then. A hanknit hooded sweater just seems a perfect thing to have for somethin' like that.

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is so beautiful!

paula said...

LOVE IT!

:0} paula

Charlotte Scott said...

Your knitting is just stunning!