I had a lovely visit with my midwife today. I feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful, spiritual, experienced, knowledgeable... the-list-goes-on... woman. It's such a change from what you get from your regular "John Doe OB/GYN." - But then again who wants to spend a lot of time with their OB/GYN? Not me! Having a midwife is so different. She wants you to be informed & make informed decisions. She has this very beautiful, spiritual view of birth. I'm just lovin' it!
Friday, August 13th will be a good day for me: "Safe date" to have a homebirth.
I also learned that in the state of Virginia (although it may be so elsewhere as well) you can give your baby any last name you wish. You could even create a name if you wanted to. This was a total surprise for me. It's good news as Lil' Bean will only have a Mama listed on his birth certificate, but he can have his Papa's last name.
He is perfectly sized in the perfect position. She gently pushed on my belly a bit, and he immediately tried to "kick her away" & his heartbeat got faster. It was funny. So, she tells me, he's perfectly alert in there, too.
A perfect Monday. I like me some of those. :-)
Since I like giveaways so much (or maybe just because it's such a darn perfect Monday & I'm in a good mood), I'm thinking about doing another giveaway. A "Guess The Baby Weight" Giveaway. Not sure yet what the treasure will be, but you might want to start thinking of a number...
Friday, August 13th will be a good day for me: "Safe date" to have a homebirth.
I also learned that in the state of Virginia (although it may be so elsewhere as well) you can give your baby any last name you wish. You could even create a name if you wanted to. This was a total surprise for me. It's good news as Lil' Bean will only have a Mama listed on his birth certificate, but he can have his Papa's last name.
He is perfectly sized in the perfect position. She gently pushed on my belly a bit, and he immediately tried to "kick her away" & his heartbeat got faster. It was funny. So, she tells me, he's perfectly alert in there, too.
A perfect Monday. I like me some of those. :-)
Since I like giveaways so much (or maybe just because it's such a darn perfect Monday & I'm in a good mood), I'm thinking about doing another giveaway. A "Guess The Baby Weight" Giveaway. Not sure yet what the treasure will be, but you might want to start thinking of a number...
9 comments:
Never having given birth, why can't you list Brent's name of Lil' Beans Birth Certificate?
A good midwife is a great thing to have. I didn't personally use them, but only because it wasn't something I was even familiar with back when I was 'birthin' babies. ;-)
Paula,
In order to be listed on the birth certificate, the father has to sign a paper acknowledging paternity or, in situations where the father doesn't want to be involved, a court can order a paternity test & a father can be placed on the birth certificate.
Obviously Brent can't sign a paper. Theoretically a paternity test can still be performed as Brent has another child, but it is a very complicated matter as it involves international law, so it's unlikely that it will ever happen.
Renna,
It's my first time going the homebirth route.
It's a bit different in Germany. My boys were both born there in the hospital with a midwife. That was nice, too.
I love the idea of home births and a midwife. It will definitely be an option i'll consider when it's time. Glad to hear everything is going well and that the baby is healthy and alert! best wishes =D
its cool in nz u have a midwife even if ur under specialist care....sooo cadi what did ur boys weigh when born???...lol
Emerson-J,
I'll actually tell you. Noah was 8lbs5oz (3770g) and Nathan was 8lbs6oz (3810g). Curveball of course is that they have different genetics. ;-)
yay for good news!! my daughter loves peeking at your *baby* on the side bar. :)
Lovely to hear all is well with Baby N. Maybe you could have him on the 16th? Then baby N could share a birthday with my wee boy Cameron (who will be 4).
I've been to a friends homebirth - just devine. So calm and wonderful. Wish mine had been like that (1 natural and 3 c-section with placenta previa).
Thanks for the chockies, they arrived today. I'm at work on Baby N's kiwi present, so keep an eye on the blog, you may see a few sneak peeks. Will hopefully be finished in time for the birth. Viv.
Post a Comment