I've been in a knitting frenzy. It's nice to have the time to just sit & knit & reflect & drink Barley coffee. This is my third soaker. The information on what yarn is best for a soaker is so varied. I didn't want to knit them all of the same yarn and then find out that my choice was off, so I'm knitting a rainbow of soakers from a variety of yarns. This one is a Malabrigo one. Way too big. It's so hard for me to go back and remember how tiny these wee lil' babies are. When Lil' Bean is born, it will be around 12 years to the day that I gave birth to Nathan.
I so love this colorway. I think the poop-stains would blend right in.Up next is a square I created real quick last night using O~Wool Balance. It's for an upcoming Friendship Quilt swap. 12" square. I used the entire skein with maybe a yard to spare. I wanted a square that was knit from the inside out, like the Barn-Raising squares, but I didn't wanna do just plain knitting, so I used the leaf lace pattern from Evelyn Clark's Leaf Lace Shawl pattern. I kinda like it. 11 more to go. Yikes.
And then for the proud Mama moments... Nathan drew this picture a couple of months ago & entered it into an art contest. When we checked out the website the following month to see who the winner was, we were sort of bummed out. Nathan's picture didn't make it & the winning one seemed much less sophisticated. Well, today the mailman showed up with a big envelope. I didn't recognize the return address & opened it. Inside was a note saying that Nathan won this month's art contest with his picture, but when I look at the website I still can't see it there. I called him to let him know & he was quite happy. They are on their way to Minnesota where they will spend a few days at a lake house. They were traveling through his beloved Illinois as we spoke.
Autumn Cardinal (Nathan - 11 Years Old)My older one gave me a proud Mama moment this week, too. In 7th grade the school does give grades in preparation for a transition to a non-Waldorf high school. It was a report filled with "A" and "B+" for Noah. Proud Mama I am.
Last (but not least) I wanted to thank all of you for the lovely comments you leave me. I rarely ever respond to them, but I want you to know that they are quite inspiring to me. They make me smile & lift me up when I need it. Namaste!
Last (but not least) I wanted to thank all of you for the lovely comments you leave me. I rarely ever respond to them, but I want you to know that they are quite inspiring to me. They make me smile & lift me up when I need it. Namaste!

3 comments:
Great post. . . it is amazing how tiny they are when they are born . . . I always think what I'm making is the correct size and they are always to big or too small . . .I always hope for the too big :0}
paula
I wasn't quite sure what you meant by a 'soaker' to start with.. Do you put a cloth napkin inside it? Looks great. I need to hunt down my needles so I can start doing some knitting again, it's been so long!
Best wishes
Yes, a nice, thick cotton diaper aka napkin, pinned on the sides & the "soaker" goes over it, thus making use of the wool absorbency. :-)
Post a Comment